The Joelteon7

The cake is a lie.There is no cake.

50 XP

13th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,926 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

:bows: :bows: :bows: I seem to be having trouble with some modifications amde. The loading bar will get about 80-90% done, it will crash and even on XP I'll have to reset my computer, so, any ideas? I've modified jsut about every thing modifieable except the AI, so, that might help..... A virtual cookie to the one who solves it first! :bows: :bows: :bows:

Flash525

The Carbon Comrade

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

15,103 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

I had a simular problem with Apocalypse when it was in the testing side... It may be the fact that you don't actually have AI files for a specific race? - Thats just a guess, when i posted about the problem i didn't get anyone helping me out with it! If its not that, then... well, try asking someone else as i haven't a clue!

simie

Hmm...

50 XP

5th March 2005

0 Uploads

77 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

that always happens to me:(

SupaStarAsh well, try asking someone else as i haven't a clue!

-simie

Major A Payne

The 6th Day

50 XP

7th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,535 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

J. Check your Tech tree files for spelling errors of ships/stations which dont' exist in your mod but are referenced in the TT files. If the crash is with an AI selected race check the AIP's for spelling mistakes, or independant, but unmodded units (sometimes a crash is caused from this). Finally, if theres nothing wrong check the .SPR files you've edited. Bad entries in any of these files are located in the last 30% of the loading bar.

The Joelteon7

50 XP

13th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,926 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Thank you, I'll look over that now. I believe the problem may be located in one of the tech files, after I edited a line in the spr that was been given a link to a file that had mysteriously disappeared and corrected it, I've ruled that out the quesiton. I doubt its an AiP as mine haven't bee altered, or, more like not altered enough for this problem to occur.

The Joelteon7

50 XP

13th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,926 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Well, I was correct in narrowing down the issue and thanks MaP for helping me locate the issue. The problem, looked like I missed a "0" after one of the entries in the fulltech file which was causing the klingons to not load up, which, would exaplain why it worked in map editor. So, there we go, problem fixed and I can keep adding into the game now, minor crisis averted. GF staff, can you do me a favour and close/delete this thread, whatever you feel happy with doing, thank you :)