please help me!!!! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

could someone please tell me how to download a map from the star trek armada site and install it into my instant action so i can play it? i have been trying for over a month and its just not working please help me!!

Freyr VIP Member

A2Files Staff

46,875 XP

5th February 2005

11 Uploads

4,275 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago
mike199193;3646474could someone please tell me how to download a map from the star trek armada site and install it into my instant action so i can play it? i have been trying for over a month and its just not working please help me!!

Hi mike, firstly you need to download the file and then you need to unpack it. They are usually compressed to ZIP files which can be natively opened by windows however if it is a RAR archive then I would recommend 7Zip to unzip it.

After you have the files uncompressed then you need to copy all the files (it should be a BZN, BMP and sometimes a TXT file) into the /BZN directory in your armada II installation (which is usually c:/program files/activision/armada II/bzn)

plasma-man

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

17th December 2006

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

As Freyr eplains, it is very easy to do. Once you get the hang of it have a look at downloading a map pack. One to go for is the "Triple map pack" from Trip. It is filled with a large number of diverse maps to keep you happy. Also look at the link above to the a2.upgrades site. Download this to inhance the graphics and ships in your maps. You wont be disapointed.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 11 years ago

ok but i do not know how to unzp compressed files i think thats where i am getting confused please give me a step by step instructions on what to do after i download a map file

Please do not post new threads if you've already asked the same question in a still-relevant thread, thank you :) - TJ7

Datarock VIP Member

Resynchronizing with RealitySorry, You're Not a Winner

65,745 XP

17th April 2006

0 Uploads

6,117 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago
mike199193;3648603ok but i do not know how to unzp compressed files i think thats where i am getting confused please give me a step by step instructions on what to do after i download a map file

As Freyr said, use programs like RAR and 7Zip to unzip the archive. To do this, make sure the file is downloaded. As soon as it has finished, double click on it and press the "Extract All Files" option.

Once done, follow Freyr's instructions on how to install the map itself.

plasma-man

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

17th December 2006

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

Right click on the folder and then use extract to unzip the folder. That should do the trick.