Help!!! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

Hello!

I have had a shipidea for a long time now and I want to do something about it. I want to do my own ship for BC but i don't have the program to do it. If anyone knows a program please tell me. Many thanks in advance!!!:)

Henze

perfection!

50 XP

15th December 2006

0 Uploads

489 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

this question is so many times asked on this forum and on BCCentral etc...did you search over there?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

No I didn't.

*Daedalus

A Phoenix from the ashes

50 XP

18th April 2006

0 Uploads

3,091 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Well try searching next time before screaming help. (incidently, your thread title could be more concise. :)) There are plenty of threads like yours here, and at BCC. Look around first before posting things that have been answered a million times before.

legotrekker

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

28th July 2007

0 Uploads

142 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

personally, i fell sorry for the dude, ther is about NO tutorials on how to successfully mod for bc, in fact, there are NO moddeling tutorials whatsoever. Ok look, first you need a modeling program, milshape is a good idea, google it and download the trial, if you like it, then buy it, its cheap. Second, you need the MPE, (model property editor) its a handy program that allows you to easily create hardpoints for ships and its included in the BC sdk, download that from bcfiles, thirdly, youll need bcmp, its on this site to and allows you to create custom plugins for ships. lastly, look at ship script files for a while and see how they work, its the only thing you really have to do manually. Oh, and after you get milkshape, you have to download the free star trek format plugin, it has import/export capability for almost all trek games in existance including bcs .nif format (oh why cant they make a plugin for 3ds max 9? yup, i got it :))

yanlou

immortality is the only way

50 XP

18th December 2006

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

well, if u have a ship idea what i suggest is you have a look at the mod team im with, SBP07 if u ask we may do your ship idea, all u have to do is some simple drawings of your idea and well take it from there heres the link Ship Builders Project 2007 • Index page

MilleauRekiir

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

631 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

There are various modding tutorials on Bridge Commander, Bridge Commander Downloads - FileFront.com (including some in the sdk, though each one deals with only a small section of modding). As for specific modelling tutorials, these are dependant on the modelling program you have, so it is pointless putting one on here when the internal tutorial for eg 3dsMax, gMax or Milkshape exist already in the help menus of the programs concerned.

Since we've now lost the search function, its now unhelpful to say "do a search" as this isn't the smallest forum in the world and although there's plenty of threads asking the same question, most of them got the answer "search for it", which won't help anyone now...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 11 years ago
The_Daedalus;3990689Well try searching next time before screaming help. (incidently, your thread title could be more concise. :)) There are plenty of threads like yours here, and at BCC. Look around first before posting things that have been answered a million times before.

Yeah I think you could be more nice when you are in forums. I am so fucking sorry. Okay i didn't know that there were more guides. EXCUSE ME!!!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 11 years ago
yanlou;3991045well, if u have a ship idea what i suggest is you have a look at the mod team im with, SBP07 if u ask we may do your ship idea, all u have to do is some simple drawings of your idea and well take it from there heres the link Ship Builders Project 2007 • Index page

Thanks that's real nice,=p i've been looking for someone that maybe could do it!