This has probably been asked 1000 times, but... -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 8 years ago

Is there any way to add some one into the empty chair to your left in Quick Battle mode? I want Data to be sitting next to me permanently.

Is this able to be done?

Henze

perfection!

50 XP

14th December 2006

0 Uploads

489 Posts

0 Threads

#2 8 years ago

edit: well i did take a look at the code and i think it is very simple to change one of your current officers into another one...and i think it is also possible to add a character to the bridge

it is based on a bridge...so if i want to put Data on a chair on the Ent D-Bridge i can configure that, but if i want to put him on an other bridge (Ent E-Bridge) as well.. i have to configure that bridge as well.

I need to know - from you, which bridge you want him to sit next to you!

- And i need to know how i can get the correct coordinates for the chair...the last one might be a little technically.. but hopefully some modder seems to care to tell how they do that!

If i have that information... i am willing to give it a try and become the next game modder for this fabulous game!

Henze

perfection!

50 XP

14th December 2006

0 Uploads

489 Posts

0 Threads

#3 8 years ago

A little update:

D-Bridge: Finnished, i got data in to the guest chair, probably not the best soluion and i should write a custom script thingy but this is an achievement for me so..yeah.. E-Bridge: I only need to update the chair position somehow but even there Mr Data is on the chair...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 8 years ago

How did you do it??

EDIT- Allow me to re word this... if anyone can tell me specifically how this can be done, it would me much appreciated. :)

Henze

perfection!

50 XP

14th December 2006

0 Uploads

489 Posts

0 Threads

#5 8 years ago

currently i wrote an foundation plugin wich will replace the entire configureCharacters functions for the Enterprise D and E bridges

Data will correctly sit on the D-Bridge. I still have a glitch of that stupid chair which is turned towards brex, as if some one just left the chair..

but still...the defenite answer to your question..yes..it can be done!

it is a very technical story, but if you want the file..i will email it to you including some install instructions!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 8 years ago

Thank you very much, just send it to [email]toadnuke1@aim.com[/email]

I truly appreciate this :bows::bows::bows:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 8 years ago

You would probably have to edit a few animation properties to get the chair facing properly, which from my understanding is very difficult to do.