recruiting

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I'm new to this forum, but not to STgaming, so I guess im a newbie at heart.

I am having a hell of a time with 8472 mission RIFTS, I get over powered so quickly its not really fun anymore. Got through most of the game with moderate success, but I have been on this one for several days!!!!!!!!!!! Any suggestions, would be a great help.

ACE

Quintisv

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

12th December 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I wish I knew,

Ive never beat the mission,

Ive tried everything, rush building Torpedo turrets and Starbases (fed and borg), churning out cubes as fast as I can. Nothing works, I get overwhelmed by Dozens of Battleships.

1of2

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

24th December 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I can get through most of the mission by building up the federation tree to the point that I can build torpedo turrets. After building about 12 around the top of the rift, I can settle into making a fleet to defend the others. My problem is that the cargo ship stops bringing cargo about the time I'm trying to defend the third rift and I can't build any more ships. Anyone have this problem????

recruiting

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Well, the way to beat it is to build 1 or 2 FUSION cubes, they are you can't stop them, the kick serious ass. It will take about the same resources to build one, but you have to build several other things in order to have the option to build a fusion cube. As a borg if you learn the art of the fusion cube you have the game done......

Thanks for your answers

Dreadnought[DK] VIP Member

Grumpy Admin

202,715 XP

7th March 2003

0 Uploads

19,294 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

You could always cheat.... Change the the shield strength to something high and then change it back when you have completed the mission.