Ah, thanks for clearing up the modded maps thing. And yes, why wouldnt we use those? If we are making people register on a site to be elligible to play, there should be links to the maps being used, most stock maps are ok, but ones from effiles are great. I agree with you on the way to hold it should we have alot of people, have different brackets and such, top from each go to finals.
Hello there :) Ok ill try in next week to get some players. 1. I think best days would be friday-sunday (the most ppl are on servers then). 2. About maps i think the best choice would be Draxis warehouse (for like 2 clan mebers vs other 2 clan members for example), Borg outpost 1on1 ( for clan members 1 on 1) if there are no more than 1 clan member ,and Aurora station cause it simple map and small imo perfect for these kind of tourneys and maybe dm_kirk. 3. I vote for mini world cup option at diffirent times so it would be flexible to players free time. Ill inform during the week my clan members,and try to get some others. btw im in 100% :)
Here is list of players that i would like to see in torney and ill try to get them ( for some i dont remember clan tags ): 1.Agamenom (AUT) 2.Oberlencher (AUT) 3.Breen (SWI) 4.Ntk Mykard (USA) 5.NtK Dynsty (UK) 6.NtK Barcly (USA) 7.Marauder (GER) 8.Khorne (GER) 9.Pollywog (USA) 10.[dm]Chrissstrahl (GER) 11.Ntk Vanguard (USA i think) 12. Riaros (AUS but he is in bigg problems with ping on any server) 13.Me NtK Perun (CRO) 14.Horny riper (?) 15.[-FF-] Murdock (SCO) 16.[A|W] MrRight (GER) 17.Crazy lokey (USA) 18.[SFU]AdmiralAbu (GER i think) 19.3 of 100 (USA) These are the most regular players. Would be raly neat to see them join tourney. And we should make "level groups" so better players would not eliminate imidietly other newer or less skilled players. Regards NtK Perun Btw here you can see who is active and how much plays **_Nades_OFF_** : Top Players
Cool, I am moving country on Monday so I won't be available for possibly a week or two but I think holding one in two weekends away would be good.
If I get a set amount of players involved I can draw up matches between certain players depending on the amount we get 19 players is more than enough...
Ok iwe got 5 ppl for now: 1.MrRight 2.Ntk Mykard 3.Pollywog 4.Mandarine 5.NtK Dynsty (not 100%) iwe told them tourney would be 4.07.2009 seems to fit to all. Ill try to get some more during the week. Iwe got 2 request to dm_pool would be one of maps for tourney. Regards NtK Perun
Yes we will do an EF1, but seeing as some may play both games we would have to host them on different weekends, the EF2 one can be the trial tournament
I really like the look of how this tournament is coming along. I'd love to participate but i just can't stand playing with an excessive ping. Nades off etc is unplayable for me (anything over 300ms is unbearable) and i don't see the tourney taking place on the ose servers which are the only servers that i have a chance on. I still hope this goes ahead though, it will be good for whats left of the community.
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your internet connection, but if you can overcome it then you are more than welcome to take part
Right so this is a template/draft of the format I was hoping to have. Please feel free to add to it or have your say about it.
- Winner of Tournament will get a snazzy reward logo as the winner of the EF Tournament - This will include an avatar and a few signatures of varying sizes should they wish to use them in forums/bulletin boards
- The Runner up will also get something similar to above.Anyone who gets to the final can have a finalist logo if they wish to use it.
- Reason I was thinking groups was to make sure everyone gets a fair chance, like heats in the olympics.
- Group sizes can vary depending on how many we get
- The selection of who plays in what group will be totally random, no matter what.
- In addition to above I was thinking of doing one group for americans and the other two for europeans. This stems from what Perun showed me, if americans play american then we don't have to worry about timezones. So continental groups would be a good idea. It also means that at least 2 Americans are in the final, and 4 Europeans which is a fair reflection of the demographics of the online community. If there are aussies and others outside of Europe we can sort that fact out later.
- I want this to be free for all starting off, and no real clan v clan games or CTF. We can do CTF and Clan Tournaments in the future we simply need to start off simple by building a foundation so we can expand into other gametypes.
- This is in its infancy so I would like people to keep an open mind about it, there will be rules and regulations. Anyone steps out of line or brings the tournaments into disrepute will simply not be invited to any future tournaments. In other words, adult behaviour is needed for this to succeed.
- Clan vs Clan games get messy - when I was in my old clan for Homeworld and counterstrike back in the day there was chaos during games,same goes for every game - Clan games will be supported but not until we get the experience with refereing games and keeping the tournaments clean.
- Politics of any kind will not be tolerated or welcomed. So if you want to use this tournament as a means to get oneupmanship on another person then its better you do not waste the communities time
If anyone wants to add anything please do so.
Perun;4925211Here is list of players that i would like to see in torney and ill try to get them: 10. [dM]Chriss|Chrissstrahl
Thanks for the invitation, I state now in public what I told you, which is, that I have decided that I will not join at this or any else tournament.
Others of my clan might be interested.
Alain_Johns;4909873Enough of the EF2 drama then, eh? I do not have, nor can I locate the clan leaders emails, but why are they needed? Why dont we set something up that doesnt require clans, such as a ffa tournament, or with teams that the players make themselves, instead of doing it clan by clan. Not everybody is in a clan, and some clans are too large/small to make a single team. Or is my reasoning way off?[/QUOTE]
I think there are not enough people still playing to make clanning worthwhile. We can still have some sort of tournament.
ICQ 175285 Pollywog on xfire
[QUOTE=Chrissstrahl;4908326] I would agree with that. Oberlerchner123 his tournament has decided to exclude entire groups. Not a single member of the the darkMatter Clan was invited to join or even informed. darkMatter is the second oldest clan still active in EF2 after formerly known SFI. I have to assume that his tournament is private since no one ever told me about the Tournament, and I know a lot players and clans and we are still in touch.
I was not "invited" either but I did not take offense :) I found out about it in-game a couple of days ago and I would be interested in playing.
I make an excellent target even when moving.