Divine shadow

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th April 2002

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

:mad: I am trying to run outcast with windows XP. I also have a readeon 7500 graphics card. When I try to load the game up my screen flickers back and forth. The launch menu won't even come up. What is going on here. Thanks

Mishkan

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

19th July 2002

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I remember when I couldn't even install Heros III when i got windows 2000. Have you tried reinstalling it?

Divine shadow

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th April 2002

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Here is what I have done: I have reinstalled the game, installed the latest patch, installed the latest drivers for the card, and xp, I have e-mail back and forth to people at lucas arts, microsoft and ATI. I have run countless DIXDIG performace tests and still the damn thing won't work. Here is want happens when I try to load the game. As soon as I put the disc in my screen flickers back and forth from higest color settings to the lowest color settings. The game lancher nevers shows up. I've even tried setting the game to a lower setting. Still nothing. YOu welcome to try somthing eles. Thanks

Brisk321

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd July 2002

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

I also have xp and a radeon 7500. I will have to reset the brightness alot because it will get really dark. Also, when I go into a server, 5 seconds later my computer will freeze. Does snyone know how to fix this?

Silken

50 XP

30th July 2002

0 Uploads

40 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

I use this order when solving graphics problems.

Graphic card driver Chipset Driver Windows updates

Some note from chipset drivers. I run XP with GTS and AMD own AGP driver causes more problems than XP default driver. Its more pure luck to know what combination of drivers will work best.

Brisk321

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd July 2002

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Whats a chipset, and how do I update those drivers?

Divine shadow

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th April 2002

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Thanks, for the infomation I'll try that.

Silken

50 XP

30th July 2002

0 Uploads

40 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Chipset is the one witch controls basically whole computer. Its "link" between different components. Like Graphics cards, Networks adapters, Sound cards, Ports, Memory and everything else that is in computer. This acts as "road" to unite components in computer. This is the reason why sometimes updating chipset drivers help.

Silken

50 XP

30th July 2002

0 Uploads

40 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

If install wrong chipset drivers. Like install AMD drivers for Motherboard that has VIA chipset then you got a lot extra work. After that windows dont have a clue how to work properly. Usually install programs gives a warning if trying wrong drivers for chipset but not always. And if still want to do this check from manual if even little unsure about current chipset. Yes and i have done this error too when i was in hurry. Took couple days to get windows back to its senses. And i do this for living, acting as IT-Support personel.

Brisk321

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd July 2002

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

That sounds a little to risky for me. Any other ideas before i do that?