Blua [BL]

Clan [BL] founder/leader

50 XP

8th December 2003

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I am making a map, becauser I was interested in that stuff, I have two questions, when I insert an environment thing from the enterprise bridge, I walk right through it in the game. How do I make it so you can't walk through it? And uh....oh yes, I lost the entity view thing, when I press on the view - toggle - entity view, it won't come, does anyone know why?? Well thats it, bye Blu'a

Shadow2407

I post to get attention

50 XP

19th October 2002

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

well 2 make models solid go 2 the common part of the texture menu and put the clip all over the model

Blua [BL]

Clan [BL] founder/leader

50 XP

8th December 2003

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I don't get it, you mean those blue little things?

EXiT

7o'nine

50 XP

11th April 2002

0 Uploads

2,175 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Hmm, not sure what you mean by blue little things... but to make models solid you need to use the common/clipall texture. Make a brush that surrounds you model and give it this texture (and you more than probably need to make this brush 'detail' as well. Do that by selecting the brush and right clicking then select the "Make Detail" option). You can use multiple clip brushes to cover a model. Basically what you are doing is making a "cage" using these brushes that somewhat fits the shape of your model. Dont go overboard trying to get it to fit the model exactly, just enough to give it a proper shape.

The reason why models are kept unsolid is I believe to reduce the amount of collision data that can occur with large models. By simplifying the 'cage' for the model you make the collision surfaces much less.

Blua [BL]

Clan [BL] founder/leader

50 XP

8th December 2003

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

now I know, thanks!!! I am greatly pleased with your knowledge! Thanks thanks thanks!!! :bows: :bows: :( My clan just lost a battle with NFO :(

ping117

Elite Force Modder

50 XP

17th April 2004

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

[QUOTE='Blua [BL]']I am making a map, becauser I was interested in that stuff, I have two questions, when I insert an environment thing from the enterprise bridge, I walk right through it in the game. How do I make it so you can't walk through it? :) make a misc_model_breakable and hit n and set it "solid":deal:

ping117

Elite Force Modder

50 XP

17th April 2004

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

[QUOTE='Blua [BL]']I am making a map, becauser I was interested in that stuff, I have two questions, when I insert an environment thing from the enterprise bridge, I walk right through it in the game. How do I make it so you can't walk through it? :) make a misc_model_breakable and hit n and set it "solid"

EXiT

7o'nine

50 XP

11th April 2002

0 Uploads

2,175 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I think that's EF1 only.

He's asking about EF2 :) Anyway, the problem has been solved above.