Since no one checked out the older 'a few questions...' thread, I might as well post it as a new thread.
1) Why was Luke not surprised? This is A New Hope, when Obi-Wan first appeared to scare away the Sand People. When he successfully revived Luke, he actually said Luke's name! Now, why was Luke not surprised Obi-Wan knew his name? Clearly he wasn't so dazed when he awaken, from the look on his face. Had Luke met Obi-Wan before? This isn't really the case because when he first told Uncle Owen about Kenobi, he spoke in a way that suggested he had never actually known, but simply had heard of, Ben Kenobi. So... why was Luke not surprised when Kenobi knew his name?
2) The Galactic Senate This question bothered me when I watched TPM again. Why, and HOW can a corporation like the Trade Federation have a place in the Senate?! And the bureaucrats? Surely these people are not representatives of planets. How can these corporations be allowed a place in a Senate, a place supposedly meant for 'gathering' of planetary SENATORS? My guess might be that the Trade Federation is not just a company involve in trading, but a Federation of planets trading together. These planets are collectively known as the Trade Federation. That's why they got a place in the Senate, because the Neimoidians there represent the Trade Federation, a federation of planets. That is probably how they, and some other corporations, got a place in the Senate. Or maybe these companies are so important to the welfare of the Galaxy, they demand to have a say in Galactic matters? The senate had no choice but to comply?
3) R2D2's alarm... If I remember correctly, in AOTC, when Obi-Wan asked about Senator Amidala, Anakin said she was asleep, and he programmed R2 to set off an alarm to alert them when there are intruders or some problems. But where was the alarm? All we saw was a flashlight scanning the Senator, and R2's 'eyes' flashing red. Obi-Wan and Anakin was only alerted to the kouhuns's (those centipede like creatures.) presence by the Force, not R2. I think Anakin THOUGHT the alarm would be loud. Or he left his droid programming skills on Tatooine.
4) Anakin's Jedi 'uniform'. I've asked before in the previous 'Questions' thread, but no one checked it.
Anakin's 'uniform' in AOTC is seen to be dark brown and reddish. But we clearly saw this was not the case in ROTJ! The old Anakin wore robes of the same color as Obi-Wan's. We all know that Anakin was still a Padawan when he duelled Obi-Wan and fell into the molten pit (or something.). So, he never attained the level of Jedi Knight, and might not have a change, therefore, in robes. Also, the molten pit would've melted the robes by now. Maybe in rags, but definitely not the full set.
So, where the heck did Anakin get the robes from? Surely he wouldn't need them when he was Darth Vader. The black suit would've been enough. And as mentioned, it would've been melted in the lava or molten pit he fel into. If that was the case, why is he wearing Jedi robes when he became a ghost? Where did he get them from?
Possible that Obi-Wan gave the new robes to him, otherwise he would have nothing to wear? We know Force Ghosts can interact with the environment, but how in the world is Obi-Wan going to 'ghosify' the clothing to allow Anakin to wear them?
5) Speaking of clothing... Jedi ghost clothing... Where did the ghosts get their clothing from? How can the WHOLE Jedi robe disappear with a ghost. Surely a piece of robe can't die. The hood Obi-Wan wore fell off, so, why not the jedi robe? And Yoda's too. How come it disappeared with Yoda? But why NOT the Darth Vader suit and helmet? These are considered clothing, but it never disappeared? Anakin got the Jedi robes, which he got from... WHERE?
Of course, the movie's 'family movie' rating would've been questioned if these ghost had nothing on them. :)
That's all for today.
1. They all know each other, since the inhabitants number is very small. 2. because of corruption, they were able to stay in the senate. 3. Yes. 4. Wot? 5. Ghosts in StarWars make you see them how they want you to see them. Anakin got hair etc again, too, in Ep.6
1) No, tiedott. Uncle Owen told Luke in a fashion which signalled that Luke obviously didn't know Ben. Just listen to the way he said "Just a crazy old man". Luke obviously, have only HEARD of old Ben. Otherwise, why would Uncle Owen tell him if he knew Ben so well? Luke probably knew Ben secretly, that was why he instantly recognise ben when he rescued him, but Owen didn't know that.
2) How did they GET onto the Senate in the first place? Staying on the Senate, yes, because of corruption. But GETTING on it? How?
4) Anakin's robes in AOTC are different from the one in ROTJ. But you tried explaining in #5.
5) You're probably right.
1.) yes, WJTW. Ben has been living in the desert all the time, so of course he knows that. and luke may know that eremits like that know about him... ;) 2.) also corruption, or the TF has been founded with the senate... 3. yes.
3.) well R2 didn't see anything did he?? Why would he trigger the alarm if he wasn't sure if something was wrong! maybe he thought he was dreaming *lol* jk i don't think they can dream, but u know where i'm commin from.
2.) the whole senate was corrupted and the senetor in ep1 was corrupted so i guess the let them in.
1.) Obi-wan prolly heard about luke. Maybe he sensed the force in luke and had an eye on him for some time. luke prolly assumed that or just didn't pay attention to it.
4.) I don't know man.
1. In a small community, everyone knows who the "crazy old man" is, even if you've never met him. Besides, who else was Luke likely to meet out in that area? 2. The simplest answer is that the Trade Federation may actually rule or even own a world, thus giving it a seat in the Senate (most likely, the Neimoidian homeworld). 3. I could have sworn that there was a network of lasers over the floor to detect intruders.
1)Luke new ben he said he new ben to 3po and r2d2 and ben is obi-wan so ben he new him but he did not know he was obi-wan but he new him but he probebly thought he was him but did not know that for sure.
2)The trade fedaration stopped something going the planet naboo because darth sidiouse told them to and they abayed him because they made a deal.
3)First R2 sets a light and looks for the enemy if he thinks theres one but if he spots one he sets off the alarm but if he can't find anything he turns himself off again and on ep2 he never found them cause they hid on the corner of the bed!
4)Thats anikin if he had stayed on the light side.
5)They can choose what they take with them as long as it is something to do with the jedis or coruscant: robes,litesabers ect are to do with that.
i got a qestion myself if yoda, obi-wan and anikin become ghosts why does quigon not become one?
I suggest you watch starwars more often and more closely i learn somin new about it every time. i understand what there saying a bit better, ect,
1) Actually, guys, I was trying to say why Luke was NOT surprised when Ben knew his name. I KNOW the whole community knew have at least heard of 'Ben', but Ben knowing Luke? Ben was known because he was a crazy old man. But why was Luke not taken by surprise when Ben uttered his name? He should've said "How do you know my name?". And what's more, when Ben told Luke about his father, whom Luke hardly knew, Luke was just mildly surprised. I don't recall hearing a "How do you know my father? You're not what I think you're, aren't you?" or something like that?
2) The Chancellor was not corrupted. He was overwhelmed by the coporations. But how can CORPORATIONS be entered into a SENATE in the FIRST PLACE? The Trade Federation, IMO, had been around for many any years, throughout many different generations of Chancellors. I know they managed to STAY because they had influence. But how did they get on at first? Surely they had influence, and hence, the corrupting the Senate, AFTER getting on. I agree with Tannhauser, as seen from my answer to this question at the beginning of this thread.
3) And yes, R2 did set off an alarm, because you can see his 'eyes' blinking like an alarm. R2 turned off BEFORE he scanned the area. He activated himself again (how did he do that, anyway?), and made noise, and his eyes blinked like an alarm. This messing up of the events is exactly what happened in the novelisation.