Xbox 360 copy -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 3 years ago

Hi there,

I purchased a copy of this game for £10 on Amazon UK.

I'm on the TOS era, I don't like the first mission, I'm having far too much trouble with it. I also just don't go for it.

I'd like to be able to go forward to the Next Generation era.

I do also find the targeting and firing part quite annoying. It can be slow with the angles.

I was so suprised when one of the necelles was totally destroyed on Captain Archer's ship.:eek:

AlDaja

SFC III Troubleshooter.

50 XP

5th September 2006

0 Uploads

11,263 Posts

0 Threads

#2 3 years ago

Legacy admittedly, is not a very good game. I agree with the firing arc issue. It had potential but lacked the luster and drive other Trek games before it like Armada and Bridge Commander have.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 3 years ago

I did manage to complete the mission, I'm stuck on mission four of the TOS. I couldn't destroy the assimilated ships. It also was lagging in the nebula area. I was suprised to hear the borg introduction, I thought I was hearing a voice in my head at first.

I only just re read the case, it states only three eras. I also only just found out that all ships are available via the Skirmish level section. I do like the Nova class ship, it certainly doesn't have much strength against a borg cube. They did also look quite odd.

I'd hoped for a Voyager, Nova ship mission, similar to the Equinox episode.

AlDaja

SFC III Troubleshooter.

50 XP

5th September 2006

0 Uploads

11,263 Posts

0 Threads

#4 3 years ago

Nova class vessels are short-range science vessels and not combat worthy. Legacy, has ship match-ups that are not balanced very well; one of the issues I had with the game. You can probably see if there are mods available for Legacy by clicking on GameFront's [COLOR=DimGray]NETWORK[/COLOR] drop down. The link may have user mods that bolster ship defenses and what not.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 3 years ago

I'm informed on the Nova ship facts.

In the real world, something as cool as that couldn't make it into Earth orbit. Let alone short range anything. I like the design. With that sort of vessel one must hide in an asteroid field for repairs.

I guess the lagging never occured in the PC copy. I bought the xbox copy for a reason due to it being a gaming computer for a tv, and the controls are more comfortable than on the pc.

If I can't ever complete the level on the xbox copy, then I can't get play the Next gen missions.

I was able to complete the last mission of Kirk's era. I don't know what happened last week when I was stuck with those three ships in the nebula..

I'm now currently beginning on Picard's era.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 3 years ago

I noticed that the Nova ship only has two torpedo bays in the front. I used it in the last mission of the Next Gen, I really picked the wrong choice for two voyager's, the nebula's are much more powerful as that was what I had used to complete the mission.

The sovereign is slow when damaged.