I guess I have a few Questions about my first Multiplayer Map. :cya: 1) What files do I need? I have the Oil Rulers.map and preview picture. But when I attempt to load the map in the game it says MISSING: Oil Rulers
2) If I load the map while it is in this state I can add my players but when I start it says automatically makes me a winner. What do I need to do to fix this?
3) When making players Do I need to name them what the Human player will be called? Example I play as "Bob" should player 1(Team) be named bob when I make the Map?
4) Where do I add the default AI attack and defend scripts? Are there such scripts? :fistpunch:
I am beating my head against the wall here... I spent a ton of time designing the map with 4 players in mind. I hope all my timeis not wasted. Is there an update to the world builder yet???
Answers to questions:
2. Try to reinstall you game.
2. dunno if i'm right but i've made some maps, put in the start locations (waypoints...) and then in game put players in and pressed play. but cos i hadn't set the computer to actually play in worldbuilder i got that auto win thingy u have.... u know how to enable the ai? if so please tell me... i've enabled it but it is worse than on official maps..... mcuh worse
I would highly suggest you guys read through the worldbuilder tutorial http://www.cncden.com/worldbuilder/index.shtml. It's a great resource for first time map builders.
As far as your questions....
1) Have no idea about this one, maybe your files are in the wrong location. They should be located in your \My Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Data\Maps\Map Name folder.
2) This is because you didn't add Skirmish Players to your players list. Like I said, read the tutorial, it explains how to do this.
3) No, question 2 will take care of this.
4) The default AI is added when you add Skirmish players (question 2). More advanced AI will require creating scripts through the 'Scripts' option in 'Edit'.