Jim_1003

I post to get attention

50 XP

2nd December 2002

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I've just bought a mx700 to use in rtcw but i cant make the extra buttons work :(

Before i've played with a microsoft 4 button+scroll .. to make the extra buttons work there i used the microsoft program and made the extra keys represent keybord-letters. then binded the command to that letter. But on this new one there is no alternative to make the extra buttons represent a choosen key on the keyboard. The only keys i can make it represent is ctrl , delete , pageup, and stuff like that. But when i get into the game the keys wont react . they work fine in windows but rtcw doesnt approve them.

"Ive tried pressing on the representing key on my keybard to make sure the script works"

WHAT DO I DO !!! :confused: IT GOTTA BE A FEW MORE GUYS OUTTHERE USING THIS MOUSE KNOWING HOW TO SOLVE THIS

Schweinehund

GF makes me horny

50 XP

27th November 2002

0 Uploads

76 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

You are out of luck. If you read the known issues in the readme file that came with the game, or many other games for that matter, and you’ll notice that Logitech mice are not so friendly with games. I bought one like a year ago and had to give it away because there was not really much I could do with it. Try the Logitech web page to see if maybe they have some advice for your specific model, but don’t expect much. Good luck anyways.

DEADEYE

Wild west mod of RTCW

50 XP

23rd April 2003

0 Uploads

3,213 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

wgzacktly they are not compatable with ,complex games ,bummer beter luck next time .i have cordless microsoft cordless 2 battery,s rocks has 4 years :naughty:

Schubi

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd October 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Oh - the same old WINDOWS problem! If you are using LINUX or UNIX, you can simply use all buttons on a Logitech MX500 or MX700.....

Jim_1003

I post to get attention

50 XP

2nd December 2002

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Well i thought posting would be the fastest way to get this up and running. The problem is solved. Thought i just come in here and post reply to myself if anyone else has the same problem.

Logitech seems like you said have problem with games just like some people already said here but it isnt impossible to solve , just download uppdates to your drives from logitechs offical homepage.

A small issue like this isnt gonna stop me from using the best mouse ive ever tried "mx700".

Have fun all!

BTW ... poporopo ..

YOUR OUT OF LUCK ....

.. NEIN !!!

Schweinehund

GF makes me horny

50 XP

27th November 2002

0 Uploads

76 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Okay, so I said you where out of luck, but I also mentioned to go and visit the Logitech site. You are very lucky believe me, I’ve known many people (including myself) who could not solve the problem even with new drives. It really depends on the specific hardware and software that you are using. I am happy for you, though. Happy fragging.