WHAT THE **** HAS HAPPENED TO THE KLINGONS? -1 reply

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

266,991 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,448 Posts

1,693 Threads

#1 1 year ago

:(

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#2 1 year ago

Not surprised. The Klingons have a history of changing design. In the Original Series, they were basically just humans with slightly darker skin and fancy eyebrows. Then the Next Generation came along and suddenly they had a more alien appearance, which Enterprise just magically explained away as being the real appearance.

I imagine this is similar. That these aren't the same brand of Klingons you see later on.

I do like how this is looking. I was afraid it would be far more like Enterprise, but it seems to hit the whole Star Trek feel quite nicely.

FileTrekker Über Admin

266,991 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,448 Posts

1,693 Threads

#3 1 year ago

It's not quite the same, the Klingons in TOS were in their TNG form by the first TOS motion picture, and the difference was not quite as dramatic.

This is change for the sake of change.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#4 1 year ago

Bit early to make that assumption, isn't it? 

You have three designs for Klingons. You have the human-like ones from TOS, then you have the TNG klingons, and then you have the weird-ass Abramsverse Klingons. 

Apparently the current rumour is that these aren't "modern" Klingons, but an ancient caste. Which would run with the whole sort of Egyptian inspired design, and the weird looking techno-sarcophagus in the trailer.

MoreGun89

53 XP

28th July 2004

0 Uploads

2,426 Posts

0 Threads

#5 1 year ago

I think Worf said it best when he was questioned about the change in aesthetic with "it's a long story."

Mother Banhammer

Chribolski VIP Member

No chance, you metal bastard

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#6 1 year ago

My reaction to this trailer.

HA7ZUmn.gif

MCFC OK!

Chribolski VIP Member

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#7 1 year ago

Also this.

Sisko_overwhelmed_indiscretion.jpg

MCFC OK!

Chribolski VIP Member

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#8 1 year ago

But mainly this.

giphy.gif

MCFC OK!

FileTrekker Über Admin

266,991 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,448 Posts

1,693 Threads

#9 1 year ago
"Serio"Apparently the current rumour is that these aren't "modern" Klingons, but an ancient caste. Which would run with the whole sort of Egyptian inspired design, and the weird looking techno-sarcophagus in the trailer.

The trailer does not say or imply this in the slightest. What evidence is there for this assumption?

The trailer is clearly presenting these things as Klingons.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#10 1 year ago
"FileTrekker"
"Serio"Apparently the current rumour is that these aren't "modern" Klingons, but an ancient caste. Which would run with the whole sort of Egyptian inspired design, and the weird looking techno-sarcophagus in the trailer.

The trailer does not say or imply this in the slightest. What evidence is there for this assumption?

The trailer is clearly presenting these things as Klingons.

I didn't say anything about it implying or anything. I said it's the current rumour. It's set in the Primeline, so there's zero reason for the Federation and Klingons to fight. If the producers wanted some kind of "first contact war" thing, they could just drop it into a new timeline or set it before Enterprise.

Maybe, just maybe give them the benefit of the doubt? :p