The Backwards Man

Backwards Jedi Knight

50 XP

29th August 2004

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

ok i got SFCIII and installed it and all the system spces are adequet. I have Direct X (DX) 9.0 installed but when I go to start the game it sais that it doesn't have DX 8.1 or higher, any solutions to this problem??

Sugar Spice

Day of reckoning is coming!

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I have the same problem.....HELP smart people!!!

Macleod1701

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Yep here's the answer to your problem mate, uninstall the game and then pop onto the net and download the latest patch, V1.01 Build 534, just do a search, or go to the following site ; http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/.

Then install the game again but DO NOT install direct X or Gamespy when it asks you to, everything you need is included in the patch. After the game is installed then run the patch and away you go.

Hope this helps, worked for me in any case, any problems give me a shout.

:beer: :moon:

Sugar Spice

Day of reckoning is coming!

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

What about if you have directx 8.1? Doesn't the patch only work with directx 9?

Macleod1701

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Well its a good idea for you to update your direct x to 9.0c anyway, so yes do that before you install the game then the patch

Daihak

Do I Belong Here? Do You Know?

50 XP

11th October 2003

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Main points. DirectX 9, always a must, even with games other than SFC. Then the SFC 534_b beta patch. You should be good to go. Also, it doesn't hurt to have the updated drivers for your graphics and sound cards.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 13 years ago

where do you download the patch to before installing the game :confused:

GarrethMacLeod

Work? What's that?

50 XP

26th November 2004

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

1. Install the game 2. Install DirectX 9 3. Install 534_b patch

That's it. No need to reinstall the game. The patch will write over the files that it needs to in order for the game to work.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 13 years ago

but where does the patch go?

Werner_Stenyotovich

Victory is Life!

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

When you download the patch, you just choose the directoryy ou want the installer to go. When you run the installer, Put it in you're main SFC3 Dirctory (by default, it's C:\Program Files\Activision\SFC3 ), the patch should automaticallydetect the directory. Ensure you run the patch on a FRESH INSTALL of the game; Uninstall your current copy and delete the folder, and reinstall it and do not add any mods or ships until AFTER the patch has been applied. If you add such materials before, it will corrupt the game's install, and you will be sad.