Nothing_To_Gein

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

25th December 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I recently upgraded my Radeon 7500 to a Radeon 9800 pro 256mb. It works fine, for a while, then during games it either crashes or restarts my computer! Anyone know why? Thanks For any help.

Mobius 1

GFs #1 StarCraft Fan

50 XP

20th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,473 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

all i can say is that Radeon sux. I tried 9800, screwed up my desktop bad. So, i use NVIDIA. Like the new ones such as Ge Force 2. But on Radeon, i can't help u.

Christof33

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

25th December 2003

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Try to set the AGP speed to "4x" instead "8x" ....you can do that at the ATI control pannel under "Smartgart"...... and try to disable "Fast writes" If that's not working, try to update the drivers (mainboard, Graphics card)

Nothing_To_Gein

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

25th December 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Thanks for the Help. I tried the suggestion with the smart gate but that didnt work. Ill try updating the mainboard. Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks

Christof33

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

25th December 2003

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

good luck! which catalyst version are you using?? if it's 3.9 or 3.10....disable VPU recover...that only cause problems :) and if your drivers are not up to date...then you could update them...

MarcusAurelius.NL

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th December 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

I have the same problems as you...though it seems that the catalyst 3.10 is a bit better...but sometimes it still get a freezing screen. This sucks really bad, I paid 431 euro's for that F*cking card. I hear people saying that newer cards do have these problems often though. My system is 2 months old, Pentium 4 3,06 GHz HT, 2 x 512 ddrRam, WinXP, 400 watts Zalman, etc. Once it even crashed when I was playing Warcraft3 !?! and one time in my windows, my collegues said it was a software issue and not a hardware problem. But I'm still thinking to return it and pay some more and get the 9800 XT. Maybe I still get the same problems than, but I'm willing to take the risk. I want to know if it really is a software issue, so I'd like to hear more about this if anybody can tell me more...thanks anyway ;) Greetz from Holland.