Johnnymuffintop

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

7th August 2008

0 Uploads

211 Posts

0 Threads

#1201 11 years ago

My sarcasm detector is giving me questionable readings.

Yes, I know, it's no big whoop by simply downsizing the ships, I'm just trying to demostrate that perhaps an overhaul/total conversion mod could be done using my idea. Since, I don't know about most of you, but having a ship (such as a Sovereign class) that's nearly half the size of a planet bugs me. Also, this is literally my first attempt in doing ANY modding to Legacy, so try endure my little discoveries.

Johnnymuffintop

50 XP

7th August 2008

0 Uploads

211 Posts

0 Threads

#1202 11 years ago

Ok, so I resized all the UUM ship odf's today. That's 383 files, taking about 5/6 hours off and on. Had to run a few errands while I was doing it. Haven't tested them in game because it's late and I figured I'll call it a night.

Incidentally, I realized I was going to reinstall Legacy and put Trek Battles 3 on it... WHOOPSIE! I'll probably just keep playing with UUM until I can't stand not having the new Enterprise. (it runs much better on TB3) Or maybe not until the rest of the Kelvin fleet is ported.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1203 11 years ago
Johnnymuffintop;5227732My sarcasm detector is giving me questionable readings.

thats bollocks. everyone says that planets and stuff should be bigger. It shows lateral thinking to make stuff smaller.

only issue is that the particles around each ship will be basically big white spots.

Johnnymuffintop

50 XP

7th August 2008

0 Uploads

211 Posts

0 Threads

#1204 11 years ago

Well, what gave me the idea was the fact that everything was measured in Mm (megameters, which 1Mm is 1000km) so in theory. To be 100% accurate to the apparent scale, all ships could be 1/1000000th of their original size... but that's just TOO small. (or is it..? I'll do some experimenting.)

And so far, the particles are still spot on. Since the scale doesn't really change any hardpoint placement or anything like that, it run just as easy. Also, since the Line of Sight in-game is rather shallow, instead of just SUDDENLY being able to see a ship, if it's downscaled, when you first see it, it appears TINY as hell, like anything in real space would be as you approach.

Acid, maybe when I'm done with the testing of my UUM rescaling, as well as a TB3 version, you could help me to release them on LegacyFiles? Also, Acid, care to be one of my Alpha testers? What, if any, total conversion mods are you running?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1205 11 years ago

Johnnymuffintop;5230426Well, what gave me the idea was the fact that everything was measured in Mm (megameters, which 1Mm is 1000km) so in theory. To be 100% accurate to the apparent scale, all ships could be 1/1000000th of their original size... but that's just TOO small. (or is it..? I'll do some experimenting.)

And so far, the particles are still spot on. Since the scale doesn't really change any hardpoint placement or anything like that, it run just as easy. Also, since the Line of Sight in-game is rather shallow, instead of just SUDDENLY being able to see a ship, if it's downscaled, when you first see it, it appears TINY as hell, like anything in real space would be as you approach.

Acid, maybe when I'm done with the testing of my UUM rescaling, as well as a TB3 version, you could help me to release them on LegacyFiles? Also, Acid, care to be one of my Alpha testers? What, if any, total conversion mods are you running?

I'm running every total mod. I'm sure i can find the time :)

Johnnymuffintop

50 XP

7th August 2008

0 Uploads

211 Posts

0 Threads

#1206 11 years ago

Alright, I'll throw you an email with the odf replacements of the UUM ships. Now, lets see if I can figure out how to zip files in Linux... :/

Scratch that, since I don't know if you're MSN is also your email. Throw me an email and I'll reply with the folder. [email]johnnymuffintop@gmail.com[/email]

Johnnymuffintop

50 XP

7th August 2008

0 Uploads

211 Posts

0 Threads

#1207 11 years ago

A couple requests: 1) The SR-2 Normandy from Mass Effect 2 (should be about 310 meters long) apparently you can port the model out of the game, haven't figured out exactly how to yet. And as always, it's good to have pics: Warning, large image ahead

Spoiler: Show
normandycomparison.png

2) A Kelvin in the style of the Yorktown/Constitution Prototype. Preferably keeping the scales of the original Kelvin.

Spoiler: Show
This is what I'm thinking. Keep from the red circle inward the same, then stretch the flat part of the saucer out to fit the scale comparison of the Kelvin, then just rescale the nacelles and secondary hull to match the comparison to the saucer. ideam.png

Johnny1110

Currently: Chillaxin!

50 XP

23rd November 2008

0 Uploads

64 Posts

0 Threads

#1208 11 years ago

Could we possibly get someone to get permission to port the Baz1701 Narada model for bridge Commander?

I know STLegacy ported it because of his youtube vid but he has some kind of odf problem.

tj_hawk

Terran Emperor

50 XP

2nd April 2008

0 Uploads

731 Posts

0 Threads

#1209 11 years ago

well if we did manage to port the Narada to legacy, we'd would need to give it physics that not only make it slow as hell, but turn very slowly so it wont crash the game....

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1210 11 years ago

Enterprise_docked_with_Enterprise.jpg the second enterprise