The whole ship looks strange. It's a nice , strange looking TOS design. The only thing that doesn't fit is the deflector. I'd make it flatter and place it closer to the secondary hull.
This is still going. Got someone looking over the model now and then I split them up by game.
Ok, so heres the deal. I've given up on the whole poly reducing thing and have decided to rebuild it from scratch. I will start with the Armada1/2 models and once thats been submitted to filefront I will start on the BC/Legacy models. So, the next post in this thread might be another few months from now...maybe, depends if I just upload the models themself or have several people do what I can't. Just thought I'd let you all know that this isn't dead.
Alright, I've finished the entire saucer section of the ship at 1182 polies. I made some improvments from the original mostly the bridge module and sensor dome. Much better so far don't you agree?
Here's the pics of it so far. http://forums.filefront.com/group.php?do=grouppictures&groupid=12
I thought you could view the groups pictures section as a guest. So, here's the link to the album then. http://forums.filefront.com/album.php?albumid=75 The first nine pics are the ones you want.
So, the pylon and neck structures are done. Didn't do anything different really other than creating the torpedo launcher part of the neck in a much smarter and a much less poly using way. Just click on the link of my above post to see the new pics. Oh, and if anyone wants any specific pics(wireframe/closeups and such) just tell me what you want a look at.
Giggity giggity goo, i've got an update for you. Good god the engineering section is so much better this time around. Its a lot cleaner and wastes a whole lot fewer polies than the first time around, wow. Though looking back I think I would have been better off doing all the round bits using 72 or 96 steps or whatever instead of 48 since its only 2893 polies right now(maybe I will if I do a refit version). Click the link in post #35 to see the new images.
Alright guys, I think im done! I am soo pleased at the way this has turned out considering my not so great skill level. It sits at 6155 polies. I have also added all of the phasers as well and as you can see I went with a jjprise approach minus the two phaser half-spheres around the shuttle bays which are ofcourse from the TOS connie. This ship will have 13 phasers(3 on dorsal saucer, 3 on ventral saucer, 1 on top of the pylon/neck section, 4 on belly and 1 for each shuttle bay) and 6 torpedo tubes(3 fore and 3 aft). The look and sounds of the weapons will be(well would like for them to be anyways) a cross between tos, tmp and jjverse. More specifically, tmp era pulse phasers but blue and maybe something like the blue torp from the motion picture. The paint job will mostly be tos with a little tmp/jjverse. Obviously for me anyways most of the work is done already since I can only use Blender and Im not sure yet if I can texture with paint.net yet, but if I can I will do a very basic version and have whoever take it from there. Here is a link to the most recent pics. The first nine are of the BC version. http://forums.filefront.com/members/...ium-class.html