Since I release the wells class, my first mod, I've recieved atleast one comment that said The person got an Access Violation error.
I want to make my mods better.
Please give me lots of information about your install, If you downloaded ship with the wells class etc etc....
Thanks in advanced for your feedback.
Stargate Bridge Productions
27th September 2006
My advice is instead of using redragons old textures, make new ones.
I gave this relativity new textures about a year ago. Not the best, as they took around an hour to make, but they are a vast improvement over the originals. If you want these just say ;)
GF Pwns Me!
6th February 2009
I ported this guy for fun and made some logos for it (USS Einstein, Newton, & Spock + Relativity) Interested? Did you play with the material settings? Doesn't Relativity have a green sheen to it? You could add one with a green specular cast...
Textures are important... What you should do is make aztec or hull plating but make them faded looking... let me give you a short and rather basic example on how to do this. I just did this for you in the last 5 minutes so don't expect much.
1. In adobe select the Burn tool by right clicking on the icon shown below
2. Select settings for the Burn Tool (we want to get the major hull plate divide lines) so select the pixel size to be 3.
Move cursor over the texture, press and hold Shift. Click on any point on the image and drag the cursor across the image . You can also use move the cursor to various points on the image and click to create diagonal lines. I would just point and click to be honest its much faster you can also double back over lines to make then bigger. You will get something like this
4. Now go to the marquee tool and right click to get the rectangle tool if it is not the default one there.
5. Hold shift and simply select the areas you want to have other smaller hull plates. For this example I am going to just do it randomly with no thought for design so you see what I mean
6. Now we want to change the coloring, shade or tone of this smaller hull. For this I am going to make the difference pretty obvious but I suggest you make the difference very slight to make it look more natural. So for this I am just going to change the brightness, in photoshop there are several better ways including layering but for this example I'll do the simple way
7. And select whatever value you want
8. So now we have different shades of hull plating, just repeat steps 5-7 and choose a different contrast (or whatever you use to make it different i.e a filter) and get something like this
Now I know it looks shitty but its only for tutoring purposes. If you invest in some little time thinking it out and practicising you will make some pretty cool textures for it :) I really hope this helps
You do not have to stick to canon like velcro, you can elaborate on the texturing to make it look more realistic - remember most trek cgi and models (aka canon) predated 2000 so it ain't gonna look too sweet these days when you copy what it was back then so stretch the boat of imagination out a bit further.
Good Luck with it!
Thanks Guys. I am redo the original textures, but Im kind of a n00b at it so it may take a while.
Thanks for the advice and the Tutorial.
GF Pwns Me!
6th February 2009
Are you interested in logos?
Nah, I can do them myself, but thanks for offering.
Do you have adobe photoshop?