Your GFX card is pretty slow, so this might be a reason. But since it worked before I'm sure you'll be able to get it working again. My recommendations is to uninstall STL, delete the Bethesda Directory, delete teh STLSave folder in your documents directory and reinstall it. If it crashes then again, PM me and I will send you a beta of the new STLTools, it will help you changing the resolution and quality settings for Legacy without even starting it, so you can reduce them and see if it works then. But I'd prefer if you'd first try to uninstall it and wipe everything clean of the mod and the game settings.
I used to have this problem on my xp, but I did not do any of this crap. I renamed one file; I just can't remember which one, or what I named it. If any one remembers this solution please post.
I have followed the instructions but this fix still won't work, i think the system reqs are good. i deleted the into movies file, I made an admiral.prf file (after much hassle searching the web on how to make a file) i put: 2 1 3 1 1 1 0 0 2 0.25 1 1 0 3.23915 1 6 14 14 12 32 1 1 None 0.49 5 0 800 600 0 1 0.625 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 into it using notepad, i changed the file name to aders ran the program 5 times. thats when things started getting fishy for me. First of all the program ran no longer then it did without "the fix" (that is imediatly after the intro it goes black for a sec then exits out), i checked the aders folder and none of the files had been accessed. i tried this a couple times but nothing changed. after searching the web i found that i might have to rename the aders folder back to shaders when i run it, i did that and it started loading, but still never got to the title screen and still no files had been accessed. i think i am missing some obvious but i need help!
Okay, now admittedly this is the LOW TECH fix to this problem.. but I had the same Windows 7 issue for Star Trek Legacy, using an ATI Radeon 550 board...
Assume the game was written for Windows XP. Switch your screen resolution to 1024 x 768
boom. Game runs fine. No more 'Access Violation'
It worked for me - worth a try