Speer

GF's Cheerios Expert

50 XP

16th January 2008

0 Uploads

2,082 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I recently bought Supreme commander from the local Wal-mart. But when I install the game and tried to play it an error reading "please verify minimum specifications" appeared. At first I thought my computer did not have all the requirements, but I checked and my computer covers all the requirements. My computer is a Vostro 200 service pack 2. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks!

borgrule

I dont assymilate i annihilate

50 XP

10th March 2007

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

most probibaly you need to reistall or your pc has some software on which is blocking supcom.

Speer

GF's Cheerios Expert

50 XP

16th January 2008

0 Uploads

2,082 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I already reinstalled it. but what were you saying about pc has some software on which is blocking supcom. What software would that be?

Lt_hawkeye

Power! Unlimited Power!

50 XP

7th July 2006

0 Uploads

1,432 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

try updating your graphic drivers, that may fix the issue

Speer

GF's Cheerios Expert

50 XP

16th January 2008

0 Uploads

2,082 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

I just bought the pc about a week ago so I doubt it needs to be updated. It came with a pretty up-to-date graphics card too. Thanks Lt_hawkeye and borgrule for your suggesstions.

Striker_0801

fOOd FiGHt!!!!

50 XP

8th August 2007

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Actually u should try wat hawkeye said first and update the grphic driver even though its new it might of been in stock for a long time and it will not been updated and also if u r running vista the recommendations are higher

Darkblade89

Addicted to GF

50 XP

14th August 2002

0 Uploads

274 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Definitely update your drivers. Even with a recent video card, the card was likely manufactured some time ago, and probably has drivers that are months old at the very least.

Being that I haven't ever bought a complete PC (All of mine are made from custom parts), I have no idea what a Vostro exactly is, other than a Dell laptop/notebook, but I can tell you that you should probably have far better than the minimum requirements if you really want to enjoy SupCom. Even the fastest of today's gaming computers can't handle the game on an 81x map with 7 AI. (Fortunately, most people play on much smaller maps, and multiplayer is really where FA shines anyway)

Speer

GF's Cheerios Expert

50 XP

16th January 2008

0 Uploads

2,082 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

I got it working, thanks guys.

conorlord

(< my guitar) Gold Thread FTW

50 XP

21st September 2007

0 Uploads

1,361 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago
Speer;4162742I recently bought Supreme commander from the local Wal-mart. But when I install the game and tried to play it an error reading "please verify minimum specifications" appeared. At first I thought my computer did not have all the requirements, but I checked and my computer covers all the requirements. My computer is a Vostro 200 service pack 2. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks!

what the hell is a wal-mart?