-=[Ranek]=-

LOTRO Junkie.

50 XP

31st December 2005

0 Uploads

1,607 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

right the games pout, and i have a question about mods, okay i know its fairly easy to make mods, but where is the mod folder? what i mean is that there are mods within the game like the double reasources etc but where are these files located?

anus_panda

touched by RDP...

50 XP

12th March 2004

0 Uploads

1,247 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

There doesn't appear to be a set directory where you can put stuff. It looks like everything has to go into the "\Supreme Commander\gamedata\mod.scd" file. This contains all the mods that come with the game, if you want to add to it you can just drag and drop into it... game should recognise anything that's in there (has subdirectories).

-=[Ranek]=-

LOTRO Junkie.

50 XP

31st December 2005

0 Uploads

1,607 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

ah right thanks for the info.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 11 years ago

make a copy of the ../Supcompath/gamedata/ Folder look inside the folder you copied there will be a bunch of .scd files extract these using winzip or win rar(preferd) extract both the unit.scd and mods.scd. Once extracted lookinside the mods folder select any one of the folders inside the mods folder and grab a copy of the mod_info.lua and create a new folder inside the mods folder name it "MyMod" Or whatever you want to callit no spaces in the name. Paset the mod_info.lua into the newly created folder open it with any text editor and change the values of the modfile to match your mod. Create a folder inside your mods folder called units. go back to the coppied gamedata dir and enter the units folder find a unit you want to change and copy its folder into your "../mods/units/" foder make changes to the lua file and the bp file with any text editor. save the files and when your done making changes zip up the mods folder with winzip or winrar if you use winrar select the zip option when it asks for archive type. The file should be renamed mods.scd when its done being zipped. Copy the newly created mods.scd to your original gamedata dir after renaming the old one. load up the game play a skirmish and select your mod from the mods list. If nothing shows up in the mods list it means it wasn't compressed right it needs to be in zipfile format to work default compression. hope this gets you started the rest is kinda self explanitory once you start playin around.