Cum catapultae proscriptae, erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
10th November 2006
Have you created something - be it a UI Mod, a wallpaper, a tutorial or a cool movie - and wish SupComFiles to publish it? Then read on carefully!
The better you conform to the following guidelines, the faster your file will be online. Ignore them and it might end up being never published at all!
We won't accept any files whose contents seem legally questionable; this includes files that embed a hacked executable or include copyrighted materials used without explicit consent/permission e.g. ripped off from an other game/mod.
Sending your file
All of them should be directed to [email]email@example.com[/email]
Readying it before dispatch
- Create a Readme in text-only format (TXT) that provides these information:
- A short but comprehensible description of your file
- Installation and use instructions
- (Optional) A legal agreement stating whether or not you agree that your file may be redistributed on CD, DVD etc, resold, modified or "plugged" into a mod without notifying you. If you want to protect your work from unscrupulous persons, you really should include it!
- Your contact information
Avoid using those characters " and " as they won't be properly displayed in the area that displays it Anti-spam tip: don't print your email address explicitly e.g. instead of firstname.lastname@example.org prefer name AT isp DOT com Create a few screenshots showcasing it; in JPG format (quality: 65-75%) and at a resolution of at least 640x480 pixels (maximum: 1024x768) If you don't include screenshots, it will take longer for the file to be posted, as we will need to take several screenshots ourselves before posting the file. Bring together in the same directory file, readme, screenshots; compress them all into one single file We would prefer that you use the ZIP format for the compressed file as all platforms have support for it (RAR is not supported on Macs for instance) Avoid nested directory structures inside it unless absolutely necessary e.g. for a mod Name your compressed file in such a way that makes our publishing system happy i.e. don't use spaces or funky characters like #, % @ etc Example #1: your file is a first version of a MP map titled Gamma Labs; you could name it mp_gammalabs_v1.zip Example #2: your file is a wallpaper entitled Return of the Dead; possible name: return_of_the_dead.zip
Formatting your email
If your readme is great, this step will be a snap
- The subject should be the name of your creation
- The body should include your nickname (or FN member name if you have registered the site), email contact as well as the category you deem your file would fit best
- My ISP doesn't allow me to send my file because it's too big...
- ... Try out this free service: YouSendIt | Email large files quickly, securely, easily. The title says it all, really!
- ... Send it in n times, both 7-Zip and WinRAR have means to split archives to match a specific size. Just make sure to append something like this to the subject of your mails: (file 1 of n) for the 1st, (file n of n) for the last
- ... Try to host it on a FTP and we will retrieve it off there.
Thank you for reading
Note: The site can be found at supremecommander.filefront.com. We now accept files for Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, the official expansion pack to Supreme Commander.