I need help -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

Ok, i finally figured out how to open the documentation things in mod tools with word pad. and i'm stuck with the zero editor. how do i load my map into zeroeditor? i try, it just opens up the file, never loads it. i don't know if i did something wrong earlier in the process or if i'm not using the zeroeditor. please someone help me.

Wraith 5

The Fun cannot be Halted!

50 XP

11th October 2005

0 Uploads

3,047 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

You need to create the map first. do this by going to start/allprograms/lucasarts/battlefront2/modtools/starwarsbattlefront2modtools. From there you can create basic settings for the map. after creating the basic map, you will be asked to close the modtools. you will then find your 3-letter map name in your modtools directory (usually C:/BF2_modtools/data_ABC) (ABC being the name of the map) go into the data folder, and open zeroeditor from there.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

yeah, i did all of that, but then it says in the getting started i should go to zeroeditor, and load my map in there. is it already loaded if i open zeroeditor under the map file?

AceMastermind

Star Wars 4 Life

50 XP

13th July 2006

0 Uploads

73 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

When you open ZE, you must "Load" your .wld file before you can edit it. Click on "Load" in the upper lefthand corner, then click on your .wld file, Load all layers and "check" the box "Build accurate object collision" if you intend on placing objects. Save your work frequently in ZE, you never know when it might crash and you'll lose your progress.

1z2x3c

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

5th September 2006

0 Uploads

160 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

You cant see your map sometimes until you move. (w,forword.a,left.s,backward.d,right.f,up.v,down.(left arrow),rotate left.(down Arrow),rotate down.(up arrow),rotate up.(right arrow),rotate right.)!!! :withstupid: