Hi, I thought I would make a topic for noobs that want to learn the basics in getting a map going and adding a unit in game and so on. GET READY ----------------- 1) Get the SWBF2 ModTools here Star Wars Battlefront II Mod Tools (PC) Download, Star Wars Battlefront 2 Other 2) Install the SWBF2 ModTools. Best too use the default directory path. Meaning agree to everything when installing the mod tools LOL! 3) You mod tools should of been here if you choose the default directory: C:\BF2_ModTools
NOTE: These modtools will allow you too install skins, models and maps you made into the SWBF2 game. MAKING A MAP ---------------------------------- 1) Go in the BF2_ModTools folder, data folder, _BUILD folder. In the _BUILD folder is a Modtools VisualMunge.exe. Double click this to excute the program. It is circled in blue. (PATH: C:\BF2_ModTools\data\_BUILD).
2) The Munge menu should pop up. 2.1) Just start adding any 3 letters in the 3-Letter World Name: box. 2.2) Add your world name in the Full World Name: box 2.3) Discrib what your world is like in the World Description: box. 2.4) In the Game Modes box, check mark all 4 or 1 mode you wish to have in your map. NOTE: Recommended: Only check mark one mode to make things easier. (RECOMMENDED MODE: Conquest) (RECOMMENDED: Do not check mark Space Map till your little experienced.) 2.5) After all is filled in, hit the big Create World button circled in red in the picture. Your world will now munge away. When it is done, you will get a message confirming your world is ready to be edited by you and zero editor. Simply just hit OK botton when the munge is done!! The munge window will close.
In The Map Folder ---------------------------------- When the munging is done, your new world will be placed in the BF2_ModTools folder. (DEFAULT PATH: C:\BF2_ModTools)
The new world folder will begin with data_ and end with your 3-Letters you choose in the munge menu. I used ICE so my new world folder is data_ICE. Go into your new world folder. You will see the zeroeditor.exe. This program is used too place objects in your world. Is it circled in blue. Next is a folder named _BUILD that is also in the new world folder. It is circled in red. Go in side this folder.
In this folder you should see another Modtools VisualMunge.exe. Only this is where you will munge your world from now on. (PATH: C:\BF2_ModTools\data_ICE\_BUILD)
Once you double click on it, it will have new options avalible to you, the Munge menu. Your 3-Letter world name should be in the Worlds box. Circled in blue. Also Common will be checked. Leave it checked. For now,these are the only 2 options that should be showing and checked. Hit the Munge button circled in red. Then after the munging is done, you will get a message stating munge is done, Go run Starwars Battlefront 2! Go test your map by running the game like you normally would. (INGAME: Instant Action) And your map should be working :)
I didn't make it!
Me sticks the thread so deep it... err, you get the idea. =p Thread sticked to keep it on top (mmm... I like having threads on top :naughty: :D) for anyone who is interested to see. :cool: As always, questions and comments are welcome, but spam is not. If I see someone spamming this thread, I'll stick him on top of the FileFront for everyone to see and mock. =p
Ahah!! LOL, I get it so far that.....LOL!!!!:lulz::rofl: A few things too try incase you get an error message when the munge fails. 1) Turn off anti virus programs and then try munge again. 2) Reboot PC then try munge then. 3) Make sure your using the right munge.exe. 4) DON'T EVER CANCEL a munge while it is munging. 5) If you have dual core, and your Modtools VisualMunge.exe keeps closing after few seconds or minutes after opening Modtools VisualMunge.exe, set the affiny to use 1 CPU. NOTE: Same for the zeroeditor.exe and your SWBF2 game if they are crashing unexpectedly.
PREPARING A NEW SIDE ---------------------------------- 1) In the BF2_ModTools folder, there is an assets folder. Go inside the assets folder. This is where you get your units, world objects, and effects from.
2) Inside the assets folder is a sides folder circled in blue, go inside that folder and you should see all the sides in the game already preapred for your pleasures lol.
I mark some of the main folders that are used by many. Hope you know your symbols. 2) Now you want too Copy any side folder you want too make. (RECOMMENDED: rep folder) 3) Also copy the Common folder circled in red.
4) Now, you want to paste the 2 folders too this location C:\BF2_ModTools\data_ICE\Sides. There should be a tur folder already inside your worlds sides folder. after pasting your 2 new folders, it should look like this in the picture.
5)Go inside the newly pasted rep folder, in here is where most of the magic happens on adding a new unit or adding your skins too a unit or units lol. Powerful, realistic weapon attribute, infinity jetpack fuel, infinity health just too name a few things. 1. effects folder is for things like jetpack flames fx files. 2. msh folder is where the skins and models go, along with the option files if you will. 3. munged folder is where the animations go for a model .anims, .zaabin .zafbin and certain .sprite files. 4. odf folder is where the .odf files go for characters, weapons, and vehicles. Other items like health packs and so. These files can make weapons powerful and infinity if edited to that. Same goes for characters and vehicles. 5. req folder is where the req files go for a unit. These are the required files. 6. rep.req is where a list of units that are to appear ingame are listed. 7. ignore the repshell.req
GETTING CUSTOM SKINS INGAME ------------------------------------ 1) Go into the msf folder. It should have files like seen in the picture. .tga, .msh and .OPTION.
2) I'm going to use the rep_inf_ep3trooper tga skin. Open up the skin in your skinning program. Copy and paste your skin to the orignal skin and save the skin.
OPTIONAL 2) Or you can simply replace the .tga skin with your custom new skin by deleting the original and renaming your skin to the name of that .tga file you deleted. Now just do the same too any other skins you wish to change.
GETTING CUSTOM SKINS INGAME PART2 ------------------------------------------ 1) Go inside the odf folder. Circled in red.
You should see alot of files inside the odf folder seen in this picture. 2) Find 2 files, rep_inf_ep3_rifleman and rep_inf_default_rifleman. You can use any other classes. (Heavy, jet, sniper, etc.) 2.1) Copy and paste these 2 files somewhere you won't loose them. I pasted them just outside the odf folder.
3) Rename the odf files to what ever you want too call you new soldier.
4) I named my soldier rep_inf_ep3_elite. Now, open up the soldiers new odf file. 4.1) Under [GameObjectClass]. Where it says ClassParent = "rep_inf_default_rifleman", Add your soldiers default odf. Mine looks like this now The [Properties] is where the model is. If your using a custom model, make sure you change GeometryName = "rep_inf_ep3trooper" too your models name. Like this:
If you have a soldiers low_rez model, add it too the GeometryLowRes = "rep_inf_ep3trooper_low1". Also same goes for the FirstPerson = "REP\reptroop;rep_1st_trooper". Simply just change the skin for this. 5) Save file and close.
CONT ----------------- 1) open up your soldiers rep_inf_default_elite odf. In here is where you can add extra weapons and ammo. 2) Ignore the [GameObjectClass] for now. The [Properties] is the place for now. WEAPONSECTION = 3 (This simply says weapon 3) WeaponName = "rep_weap_inf_thermaldetonator" (weapon choice) (change name for other weapon) WeaponAmmo = 4 (put a 0 to make infinity) WeaponChannel = 1 ( Weapon will be in 2ndary slots) (remove line to make primary slot) WEAPONSECTION = 1 (This simply says start weapon1) WeaponName = "rep_weap_inf_rifle" WeaponAmmo = 4 (ammo in clips) ( 50 rounds in clip) (4 makes 200 rounds) OPTIONAL 2.1) You can also add in other attributes such as how much health and fast this paticular soldier has and runs. Or how much kills to unlock this trooper. Which animations this soldier uses. [Properties] PointsToUnlock = 8 AnimationName = "clonecommander" MaxHealth = 550.0 MaxSpeed = 6.0 // base forward speed MaxStrafeSpeed = 4.5 // base right/left speed 3) Once done editing, save and close odf file.
GETTING CUSTOM SKINS INGAME PART3 ------------------------------------------ 1) Go into the req folder. You should see files seen in this picture. 2) Copy a soldiers .req file and place it where ever you placed your .odf files. I will use the rep_inf_ep3_rifleman req file.
3) Simply rename the pasted .req file too the exact same name as your soldiers main .odf file. So now we should have something like seen in this picture.
As you can see, I renamed my soldiers .req file as rep_inf_ep3_elite. Same as my soldiers odf. Not the soldiers default odf. 4) open the soldiers .req file. Just simply replace the name thats there with your soldiers odf and req name. My name is rep_inf_ep3_elite. Look at picture. 5) Save and close the new .req file. All that with that!
GETTING CUSTOM SKINS INGAME PART3 ------------------------------------------ 1) Now the side .req file it's self, open up the rep.req file. Circled in blue.
2) You should see a list like in the picture. Simply add in you soldier too the line up.
I added my soldier somewhere in the middle of the list ass seen in the picture. 3) Save and close the side .req file. All done!