I know there are some maps out there, e.g. Kamino:Obliteration that use shipped maps but with new names and sides, how do you do it? i am new to modding and I haven't got the skill to create my own map
1. You make your own mod data file (look elsewhere for how to do this if you don't know)
2. Do whatever you want to do in the sides folder (again, there are tutourials on how to do this sort of thing at gametoast)
3. Open up a .lua for your map (located in data_modID -> Common -> scripts -> modID)
4. Near the middle-bottom (after the SetMemoryPoolSizes), you will see
5. Change your modID to a shipped level (like kam or somthing), and remove the dc:, so it will look like this:
(you might want to copy the exact line out of the assets script because, as you can see, the exact names vary)
can have a link? and no i am not to lazy to find a tutorial i seached for 'tutorial' on gametost and got nothing
ROFL. Searching "tutorial" on GT won't find you anything. Next time, try searching for other things other than that. Like "Shipped Maps"...
I am already starting my first map "Mygeeto Clone Wars : The Battle Begins" Coming Soon!
Oh Yeah, Thanks to all members here at filefront who helped me get this far!
All I need to do is gain permission from Commander Fordo as I use his Commander Bacara Skin
All is going well, I munge it, load battlefront 2 up, set the level up an it crashes with the following errors [Clone Wars Conquest] Fatal Could not open MISSION\MGMc_con.lvl [Galatic Civil War Conquest] Fatal Could not open MISSION\MGMg_con.lvl Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I discovered the sorce of the error, the maps lua files were had a small error in it which visual munge wouldn't process so there was no files to load in game causing the error
Ive scrapped tha mod now ive learned to make custom sides