Darth_Vader_00M_9

As a Rebel said "Die die die!"

50 XP

18th November 2006

0 Uploads

222 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Sorry if I am being stupid but is there a tutorial for changing the default troopers skins? Because there are some really good skins out there that I want to use

Dohnutt

with sprinkles on top

50 XP

28th July 2006

0 Uploads

187 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Do you want to change the skins for every level in your game, or only for a level you are making? Go here: http://www.gametoast.com/wiki/index.php?page=How%20to%20put%20your%20skins%20ingame Don't do Step #3! And, for getting the skins in for every level, it's at the bottom of the page

Darth_Vader_00M_9

As a Rebel said "Die die die!"

50 XP

18th November 2006

0 Uploads

222 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

All the levels, thanks for the link

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 11 years ago

Ok the instructions just say "edit the texture". HOW??? do you just replace a file with a skin? and which file do you choose to "edit" under?

Dohnutt

with sprinkles on top

50 XP

28th July 2006

0 Uploads

187 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

... You edit the skin. Do you have ANY image-editing program? That would be how... Open the .TGA file in your program, and EDIT THE TEXTURE...

Wow.

phazon elite

Got it memorized?

50 XP

14th April 2006

0 Uploads

142 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

A good picture editor is the GNU Image Manipulation Program, a.k.a the GIMP. It's free and it's widely used by many Battlefront modders alike (like me!). :frog:

Dohnutt

with sprinkles on top

50 XP

28th July 2006

0 Uploads

187 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

Exactly.

phazon elite

Got it memorized?

50 XP

14th April 2006

0 Uploads

142 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

This is an example: (thanks to Alex533 for making the skin)

repinftroopercopy5yn.jpgIf I'm not supposed to be doing this I'm terribly sorry

:frog:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 11 years ago

ok thanks very much i just got a tga viewer and goin to get your suggested program. I kinda understood how to edit the texture, as i have a premade one to replace it, i was just wondering which file to replace(seeing as i got the whole imp folder). I guess i worded it wrong sorry. thanks alot for the info and program though!