Everytime I play z3r0x's FoC Addon Mod (3.5) the AI always selects the same units during land skirmish battles (the Rebels always use R3 slicer droids, and the Empire always uses probe droids). It happens everytime, even on hard mode and makes the battles way too easy. I have no clue how to fix this issue and was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this, becuase I want to have a challenge.
I had a similar problem in a mod I made. The difference was that the AI wouldn't build ANYTHING. The Tactical_Buildable_Objects_Multiplayer.LUA were the cause of this! I deleted them without affecting the overall gameplay. These files are the supposed only way to get new units into skirmish but, I've deleted mine and I, nevertheless, see some of my new units being used by an AI team. So try deleting those two LUA's (BUT BACK THEM UP) and see what happens. I think they are called Tactical_Buildable_Objects_Multiplayer_Space.LUA and Tactical_Buildable_Objects_Multiplayer_Land.LUA but, I'm not entirely sure if that's what they're called. But, try ridding the mod of said LUA's and see what happens. Also, BACK THEM UP!!!!
I tried what you said, but it did not work. I knew exactly what you were talking about, but I got no luck. Thanks for the help anyway Kedalbe_Cruiser.
I just found that this same issue happens with most of the mods I have. In fact, even my regular FoC game has the same problem. I'm going to re-install FoC and see what happens. On a side note, my game was patched to 1.1
Slightly cooler than a n00b
22nd November 2010
You need to edit the lua files, Tactical_Buildable_Objects_Multiplayer_Land.lua and Tactical_Buildable_Objects_Multiplayer_Space, in a unit doesn't appear in these lua files they are not used by the ai in skirmish battles. There are lists inside where all units are listed with their xml-name, meaning the name the units have in the xml files not the ingame displayed names. If you want the ai to use other units you have to add them in these lists, every name seperated by a vertical line, like here: nameA | name B Don't change the other parts of the code just add or remove units from the lists.
Finally understood how to edit the LUA file and everything works now. Thank you Evil33 and Keldabe_Cruiser for your help.