hii people and i have a problem (again -.-''). this is my problem : i recoded most of Z's mod and added units from Return of the Clones to Z's mod they are working fine and stuff. But now that i have recoded almost everything i can recode. but now i keep getting random exceptions :S the first time i ahd it was because i had 2 star destroyers called the same so i renamed one Star Destroyer R_Star_Destroyer and after that it was working fine till i started to recode more and more and more . . . so if anyone knows how to fix it plz help :)
Exceptions generally occur when you fiddle around with the gameconstants.xml,groundinfantry.xml,groundcompanies.xml and a few others,conflicting coding also does this .Does the exception occur in game or when the game is starting up?,could narrow down the problem a bit:)
I have a simple solution. Stop coding..
blackmoon11;4558564Exceptions generally occur when you fiddle around with the gameconstants.xml,groundinfantry.xml,groundcompanies.xml and a few others,conflicting coding also does this .Does the exception occur in game or when the game is starting up?,could narrow down the problem a bit:)[/quote] well i messed with the Groundinfantry, Groundcompanies XML's and they happen random while i'm playin :) [quote=Yanxa;4558598]I have a simple solution. Stop coding..
NEVER!!!!!! thats for me the same as asking to stop gaming :/
Actually it can happen regardless of what file you edit.
Thing is the exception's aren't random, they only appear that way. Keep a note of exactly what you've done just before the exception happens. That will give you an idea of where to be looking.
It might be that you've forgotten to add a model file or something, double check that as well.
i didnt forget a model file i'm certain anyway i'm now checking all the coding i've done so it will take a some time í'm not even on the half :/
oké i'm done now there ain't 2 the same units with the same name ^.^ tomorrow morning i'm gonna check f it''s working cuz it's pretty late here :)
It actually doesn't matter if you have two units with the same name, I've done that before accidently and it worked fine.
By any chance have you started a new galactic conquest map, after you implemented the changes in xml, or have you stuck to some previously saved map
after i recode something i always start a new map :)