Scout2107

What?

50 XP

28th January 2007

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Well, iv read a bunch of mod tutrials and i keep having the same problem. They dont go into enough detail. I dont know where to find things and I feel as if they have left several steps out. So far I have found the xml file thingy and can see the information for the game. Basicly the changable text to mod the game.... except its not changeable. I cant do a damn thing to it. Any ideas? Is there something else I need to download? Anyone?

Antilles VIP Member

The Imaginative

114,272 XP

17th July 2006

0 Uploads

9,726 Posts

1 Threads

#2 11 years ago

hmmm just a though but maybe look in sticky section for TUTORIALS THREAD!! sorry if sound bit mean*

Garruscopy.png

starwarsfan501

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th November 2006

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

you can edit xml's in notepad, just right click on the xml and then click open with.;) hope I have given you some help. ______________________________ 92% of Teens have moved on to (c)rap if you are one of the 8% who listen to real music copy this in your signature

Fordo

leader of shacks mod stuff

50 XP

20th January 2007

0 Uploads

772 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

well that is probably the first thing on a tutorial

LNR-005

XMT

50 XP

10th December 2006

0 Uploads

1,231 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

When you open the XML go to file, open with xml editor, and it should open in another window. Edit the newly opened window and click the "X" at the top to close it. It will ask you if you want to save. Click Yes.

Note: Don't save manually, it will save as a text document. Also always keep a copy of your work incase you mess up.

bobsmithishere

*boom* headshot

50 XP

28th September 2006

0 Uploads

386 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

there is a reason i use notepad, it automaticly saves it as an XML, also just open the xml in any internet browser, netscape IE firefox etc... and it will tell you if it has errors in it

Scout2107

What?

50 XP

28th January 2007

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

Wow.. I feel as if I didnt go into enough detail. Let me repeat myself.... Well, iv read a bunch of mod tutrials-So far I have found the xml file thingy and can see the information for the game. Basicly the changable text to mod the game.... except its not changeable. I cant do a damn thing to it. I click and click on the letters and nothing. I hit backspace and nothing. Anyone else ever had this problem?

Fordo

leader of shacks mod stuff

50 XP

20th January 2007

0 Uploads

772 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

first u right click the document and hit edit weve answered that about 5 times now *sigh* and did u just click it or what

Scout2107

What?

50 XP

28th January 2007

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

... didnt work. Hold on let me try again... nothing.

Scout2107

What?

50 XP

28th January 2007

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

Nevermind, this is giving me a headache. Ive done just about everything those damn turtrials have said and nothing happens. F- it. Alright, I've decided just to download a mod instead. My computer wont let me save a file in the gamedata. It says I dont have permission. What now?