help me -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

ok i am new with eaw and i was wondering if i could get some help. i downloaded a new mod and i tried to run the game to play it. the only thing is that i can't get the mod to run. can some body help me? p.s i know i am a noob so please don't repeat it over and over

tlmiller

Lord of the Black Hand

50 XP

22nd July 2006

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

How did you install the mod? Did you overwrite the original gamefiles? Did you install it into a /mods directory within your gamedata folder? The second way is always recommended for ease of using multiple mods, upgrading, uninstalling, etc. Although I'm not sure of any issues with specific mods and any particular patches, watch patch level of the game do you have, and what mod did you download?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 12 years ago

ok the mod was galaxy divied v.2.1. i have the newest patch. and the file is just in game data no further

swfan654

IA2&DE Coder and Rigger

50 XP

9th June 2006

0 Uploads

1,027 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

you put all the files in the C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\SWEAW\Gamedata\Data file?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago

no just to the C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\SWEAW\Gamedata.

Antilles VIP Member

The Imaginative

114,272 XP

17th July 2006

0 Uploads

9,726 Posts

1 Threads

#6 12 years ago

then put it in the files that swfan said and then the mod should work fine

Garruscopy.png

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

i just did that but the mod still isn't working. i could tell it wasn't working cause my obi-wan unit did not have home two when i moved him into space

DragonShadow

shady dragon-person

50 XP

16th April 2006

0 Uploads

444 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Put all the files in the Mods folder under Gamedata. Make a copy of the EaW shortcut on your desktop. Right click the link copy and seledt properties. In the Target field you should see "C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\Star Wars Empire at War\LaunchEAW.exe". Add to the end of that MODPATH=Mods\{enter the name of the folder for the mod here} so that it looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\Star Wars Empire at War\LaunchEAW.exe" MODPATH=Mods\{mod filename}

Hit ok.

Then double click the new link and the mod will run. Putting mod files in Gamedata\Data doesn't work after Patch 1.04.

Cobra01

Anyone play SWG?

50 XP

8th July 2006

0 Uploads

981 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

ya that should work --- wat DragonShadow said. DragonShadow is right it may work but the real way i get mods to work is putting all the xml , art , and text in my Empireatwar/gamedata/data folder.

DragonShadow

shady dragon-person

50 XP

16th April 2006

0 Uploads

444 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago
Cobra01ya that should work --- wat DragonShadow said. DragonShadow is right it may work but the real way i get mods to work is putting all the xml , art , and text in my Empireatwar/gamedata/data folder.

That doesn't work after Patch 1.04. The developers said so, and in my experience it's true. Unless you're still at 1.03 or less, putting the mod in Data won't do anything.