eculc

NOT APPLICABLE

50 XP

24th May 2008

0 Uploads

112 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

hi. i'm trying to get more involved in modding(as in creating my own mods), but 1: I cant find the extractor I believe I'm supposed to have to use 2: I also don't know how to create new units/unit types if there's anyone hout there who can help, I'd really appreciate it:D

T3h Piti

Where is this.

50 XP

9th March 2007

0 Uploads

3,087 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

1- Use google or the master sticky 2- use the master sticky or copy the unit you'd like and make the changes necessary

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 10 years ago

Here is a link to the meg. extractor which is what I believe you are talking about in point 1; Kaelics' MEG Extractor and to add new units; http://forums.filefront.com/sw-eaw-modding-mapping-editing/245132-modding-tutorial.html Just scroll down a bit in the first post.

eculc

NOT APPLICABLE

50 XP

24th May 2008

0 Uploads

112 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

ummmm... can someone tell me A. what MEG means, and B. how to use the extractor? I don't know much about this stuff.

Ipse

The Great Charm

50 XP

14th April 2007

0 Uploads

5,446 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

MEG is the type of file that stores all the respective stuff, Textures, Models etc To use the Extractor, Drag the MEG file to the Extractor

Keraunos281

Addicted to GF

50 XP

3rd February 2008

0 Uploads

266 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

Just fire .meg extractor, it should open in EaW directory. If you want to mod FoC, you have to move to it's directory, then find relevant files you want to unpack, select it and voilla :D

DrkSbr22

SKATEBOARDING IS MY LIFE

50 XP

18th May 2007

0 Uploads

2,273 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

for some gay reason the kaelics extractor dusnt work on my comp. i wonder why?

heres a great extractor that ive used for many many years that works AWESOME. Files: Empire At War Extractor

just click download and ur there

Wizardington

For the New Republic!!!!!

50 XP

8th June 2007

0 Uploads

455 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

Quick tips: An easy way to make new units is to copy code of an existing unit ex: You could use Ackbar's Home One, to make a Mc-80 Another way to get to know the code is to look through it and study it, like at school If you cant figure it out ask for help, or look at master sticky or tutorial's For simple hero's alll you need is: Yes Other moding tools are MTD Editor String Editor Eaw/Foc Mapping Program Gmax or somthing similar like Photoshop and if you can waste $300 you should get 3ds Max 7 or 8 glad to help pm me if you need anything else