Mod request: Colony Wars (1997) -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

I'd like to make a proposal for a new mod idea...

I've seen good mods for EAW and FOC. If a stargate mod is possible, so this is. I want to personally request for a mod for EAW: FoC / EAW that features capships, or with fighters and bombers from a 1997 PS1 space sim by Psygnosis entitled, Colony Wars. If it is possible to make such a mod for the game or even a single ship from the game, please, I'm looking forward for it.

Here are some ship pics:

piccol3.jpg A League Command Craft.

piccol1.gifpiccol2.jpg T-57 Blizzard Navy Heavy Support Craft

Thank you...

:cya:

ps. Modders who are interested to make a Colony Wars mod for EAW FoC, I'll provide info on the ships and pics as well. Thank you.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 11 years ago

Info on Colony Wars (source: Wikipedia):

Colony Wars is a trilogy of video games developed and produced by Psygnosis for the Sony PlayStation. The three games in the series are Colony Wars (1997), Colony Wars: Vengeance (1998), and Colony Wars: Red Sun (2000). The style of gameplay is a 3D science fiction space shoot 'em up.

Prologue

Colony Wars takes place in the distant future. Humans have further unlocked the secrets to the longevity of life and, as such, a population explosion across Earth forced mankind to begin colonization of the Sol System and, eventually, its surrounding star systems. As centuries passed, Earth and the Sol System were drained of all natural resources. The Tzar decided to pass a law, declaring that all outer colonies were to dedicate the majority of planetary resources to the survival of the Sol System, primarily Earth, as their duty to the birthplace of mankind and humanity's pioneering ancestors. Although all colonies fell quickly into line with this decree, the populations of these solar systems were taken completely for granted by the Empire. For centuries, honoring their word and fulfilling all duties demanded of them, the colonists were treated with nothing but spite, and branded as second-class citizens. Eventually, people throughout many colonies and across dozens of planets, specifically those of the Gallonigher System, began to voice their protests and disdain at the Empire's harsh treatment. The Tzar, believing the outer-system colonists to be little more than peasant scum, became enraged that his subjects would even dare to question their duties to the Empire. Deciding quickly to have the protests suppressed, the Tzar moved his massive fleets to the outer systems, where he ordered the annihilation of every city that had so far reported even minor protests. Believing that his subjects wouldn't ever dare to question their places again, the Tzar rallied entire systems into open revolt through his actions - even alienating many of his most loyal and experienced outer-system Naval officers, who quickly defected to the faction leading the most passionate anti-Empire efforts, The League Of Free Worlds. Due to these events, The League went from being a minor political annoyance, to becoming the most dangerous military threat posed to the Earth Empire's rule. The Tzar, now with a lack of experienced fleet officers in the outer systems, placed a young and arrogant Admiral in charge of a massive Imperial taskforce and dispatched it to destroy 'The Father' and the large League fleet growing and amassing strength in the Gallonigher System. Although only in command of obsolete fighters and small to mid-sized capital ships, 'The Father' and his advisors drew the complacent Navy fleet and its inexperienced officers into ambush, obliterating the entire taskforce with very few losses to their own forces. The Battle Of Benay served as the League's rallying call to the colonies, and as League supporters and Navy loyalists wage civil war across the known systems, The League Of Free Worlds begins its push towards the Sol System, Earth and the Tzar.

Background story

Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow. In the Colony Wars universe, humanity finally begins colonization of the Solar System in 3095 AD, with the arrival of settlers on Mars. By late in the 4th millennium, humanity has travelled to, and subsequently colonized, many different solar systems through use of revolutionary wormhole technology. But all of these colonies have had the sole purpose of supplying Earth, which had nearly all its natural resources stripped by industry and human consumption. Governing the worlds is the Earth Empire, with the military forces, the Navy, enforcing its rule. Over the centuries, the brutal regime gained opposition, and the League of Free Worlds was formed out of insurgency against the Empire, led by a figure known as "The Father". The first conflict can be analogised in the form of the Vietnam War, as the mighty and powerful Navy are drawn to the edge of defeat by a smaller and under-equipped force.

ARC Trooper 111

Alive and kicking

50 XP

24th November 2006

0 Uploads

660 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Sounds,and looks,nice.

awof

Leader Of the Black Sun

50 XP

19th July 2005

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

You could always form a mod team so you yourself and fellow modders can do it :).

The_Sith_Lord

Supreme Emperor of the Galaxy

50 XP

24th May 2006

0 Uploads

1,095 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

True. But the thing you would need most are model creators!

Gorbeh

Doctor

50 XP

24th July 2006

0 Uploads

1,529 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

It looks like it would be a fun mod, but pretty much everyone is committed to at least one major mod, so making a team may be difficult.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 11 years ago

I just hope there are still available model creators and scripters out there... The ingame ship models of the original Colony Wars game is not complex and it looks easy to make a similar model especially Colonial Navy battleships. (eg. Frigate, etc.) They all share the same saucer designs except for the civilian and transport ships, strike cannons and the different stations.

Colonial Navy Battleships that share the saucer design: Frigate Cruiser Destroyer Dreadnought Titan Super Titan

I tell you, this mod is going to be very fun and nice, especially if you are a Colony Wars fan or even just played the game before..

By the way, I have a question. What modelling tools do EAW model creators use?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 11 years ago

Ah, nevermind the question... Thanks anyway, I got my answer... :-)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 9 years ago

did anything ever come of this? I loved this game!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 6 years ago

Colony Wars ?Colony of Wars game ?