Blood Asp

Modding, Coding, Pwning

50 XP

9th November 2010

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#1991 5 years ago
Tecness;5743952Alright. I have another problem(I'm full of them). My game will randomly close when zooming in to see the land forces on random planets after about 20 minutes. Windows 7, 64 bit, Home premium, laptop. Fullscreen, max resolution (The 1366 x 786 or whatever) EDIT:WHY DOES EVERYTHING POST TWICE

I actually can't answer that tbh, all I know about EaW/FoC having issues like that is caused by having more than 8gb RAM, my desktop has 16gb and I had to install a fix to not have FoC crash (ironically, EaW ran just fine without the fix). And it would seem I do have EaW/FoC installed, it's just, it's been way too long since I've modded it and such

Admiral Ace

Fleet Admiral

50 XP

18th September 2009

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#1992 5 years ago

If you want to move a unit on the build tab, you have to move it's file name in the GameObjectFiles.xml. So if your unit/hero is located in Minor_Heroes_Expansion.xml move above SpecialStructures_Underworld

Like this SpecialStructures_Underworld.xml StarBases_Underworld.xml

Units_Space_Neutral_Eclipse.xml Hutt_Faction_Units.xml GroundBuildablesHutts.xml

SpaceProps_Underworld.xml Underworld_TransportUnits.xml Minor_Heroes_Expansion.xml ***If you unit is here*** Props_Felucia.xml GroundBuildablesUnderworld.xml GroundStructures_Underworld.xml Mobile_Defense_Units.XML Multiplayer_Structure_Markers.XML UpgradeObjects_Underworld.XML Corruption_Special_Units.XML

Minor_Heroes_Expansion.xml ***Move it here*** SpecialStructures_Underworld.xml StarBases_Underworld.xml

Units_Space_Neutral_Eclipse.xml Hutt_Faction_Units.xml GroundBuildablesHutts.xml

SpaceProps_Underworld.xml Underworld_TransportUnits.xml Props_Felucia.xml GroundBuildablesUnderworld.xml GroundStructures_Underworld.xml Mobile_Defense_Units.XML Multiplayer_Structure_Markers.XML UpgradeObjects_Underworld.XML Corruption_Special_Units.XML Hope that makes sense!

Admiral Ace

Fleet Admiral

50 XP

18th September 2009

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#1993 5 years ago

Edit: this was a double post!

Blood Asp

Modding, Coding, Pwning

50 XP

9th November 2010

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#1994 5 years ago

Admiral Ace;5743982If you want to move a unit on the build tab, you have to move it's file name in the GameObjectFiles.xml. So if your unit/hero is located in Minor_Heroes_Expansion.xml move above SpecialStructures_Underworld

Like this SpecialStructures_Underworld.xml StarBases_Underworld.xml

SpaceProps_Underworld.xml Underworld_TransportUnits.xml Minor_Heroes_Expansion.xml ***If you unit is here*** Props_Felucia.xml GroundBuildablesUnderworld.xml GroundStructures_Underworld.xml Mobile_Defense_Units.XML Multiplayer_Structure_Markers.XML UpgradeObjects_Underworld.XML Corruption_Special_Units.XML

Minor_Heroes_Expansion.xml ***Move it here*** SpecialStructures_Underworld.xml StarBases_Underworld.xml

SpaceProps_Underworld.xml Underworld_TransportUnits.xml Props_Felucia.xml GroundBuildablesUnderworld.xml GroundStructures_Underworld.xml Mobile_Defense_Units.XML Multiplayer_Structure_Markers.XML UpgradeObjects_Underworld.XML Corruption_Special_Units.XML Hope that makes sense!

Interesting... Never knew that can cause where the icons are located to shift.. O.o

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1995 5 years ago

Alright, question (I'm not good at this whole figuring stuff out on my own thing xD), how/where do the names for cruisers come from? Like, the names for the Acclamator Assault Ships, where is the list, and what part of the code actually calls for them? I've checked and double checked it and can't find anything.

EDIT: NOT A DOUBLE POST! YES!

Admiral Ace

Fleet Admiral

50 XP

18th September 2009

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#1996 5 years ago

Blood Asp;5743999Interesting... Never knew that can cause where the icons are located to shift.. O.o[/QUOTE] Yep, but I can't remember how I learned it.

[QUOTE=Tecness;5744021]Alright, question (I'm not good at this whole figuring stuff out on my own thing xD), how/where do the names for cruisers come from? Like, the names for the Acclamator Assault Ships, where is the list, and what part of the code actually calls for them? I've checked and double checked it and can't find anything.

EDIT: NOT A DOUBLE POST! YES!

You find the files in the main data folder for EaW, not FoC, EaW. You can add more in GameConstants.xml, search for "Files for custom ship names".

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1997 5 years ago

Admiral Ace;5744024Yep, but I can't remember how I learned it.

You find the files in the main data folder for EaW, not FoC, EaW. You can add more in GameConstants.xml, search for "Files for custom ship names".

Well, there's a comment near the top of those tags that say that xD I would never have thought to look in the EaW folder, so that's helpful.

Is it possible for piracy to unlock upgrades for units, rather than actual units? For example, if I use corruption piracy on MonCalamari, can I get it to, say, give my stolen rebel ships a shield boost or something? How would I go about doing that if it is possible.

Blood Asp

Modding, Coding, Pwning

50 XP

9th November 2010

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#1998 5 years ago

Tecness;5744042Well, there's a comment near the top of those tags that say that xD I would never have thought to look in the EaW folder, so that's helpful.

Is it possible for piracy to unlock upgrades for units, rather than actual units? For example, if I use corruption piracy on MonCalamari, can I get it to, say, give my stolen rebel ships a shield boost or something? How would I go about doing that if it is possible.

I'd say look at the corruption options that give upgrades - if any, and use them as a basis, or look at the reward for the corruption and change it to an upgrade that affects the stolen rebel ships

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1999 5 years ago
Blood Asp;5744043I'd say look at the corruption options that give upgrades - if any, and use them as a basis, or look at the reward for the corruption and change it to an upgrade that affects the stolen rebel ships

There are no corruption options that give upgrades to my knowledge. The corruption reward is set to unit_type, would I just have to change it to upgrade_type or something? (I'm not very good at this) On the note of corruption, is it possible to change what a corruption does entirely? Like, what corrupt militia does? I've been looking on and off for literally 2 weeks and for the life of me, can't find anything that is actually helpful.

And for some reason, I can't get the MC30's Cluster bomb to go off. It's an underworld hero version, but it the cluster bomb should still work, shouldn't it? Whenever I try to use it, I get that "no" sound (doesn't actually sound like no, but that's what I consider it).

Also (SO MANY ISSUES XD) I've added the Imperial Elite Guards as a buildable unit, but for some reason, they don't like attacking. Like, they'll the the animation, thinking the range of their pikes are that of blasters, when in reality they have the same range as light sabers. I've lowered the sensor range, the projectile travel distance, increased the projectile travel distance, done a combination of many things, but for some reason these red guards and just, not too bright. Either that, or it's me who isn't too bright and I'm missing something completely, so any info? They also don't reflect blaster fire it seems...http://pastebin.com/G1KbVQMZ

Blood Asp

Modding, Coding, Pwning

50 XP

9th November 2010

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#2000 5 years ago

Tecness;5744049There are no corruption options that give upgrades to my knowledge. The corruption reward is set to unit_type, would I just have to change it to upgrade_type or something? (I'm not very good at this) On the note of corruption, is it possible to change what a corruption does entirely? Like, what corrupt militia does? I've been looking on and off for literally 2 weeks and for the life of me, can't find anything that is actually helpful.

And for some reason, I can't get the MC30's Cluster bomb to go off. It's an underworld hero version, but it the cluster bomb should still work, shouldn't it? Whenever I try to use it, I get that "no" sound (doesn't actually sound like no, but that's what I consider it).

Also (SO MANY ISSUES XD) I've added the Imperial Elite Guards as a buildable unit, but for some reason, they don't like attacking. Like, they'll the the animation, thinking the range of their pikes are that of blasters, when in reality they have the same range as light sabers. I've lowered the sensor range, the projectile travel distance, increased the projectile travel distance, done a combination of many things, but for some reason these red guards and just, not too bright. Either that, or it's me who isn't too bright and I'm missing something completely, so any info? They also don't reflect blaster fire it seems...Imperial Guards - Pastebin.com

I'm not sure why the MC30's ability wouldn't be going off; a change in faction shouldn't affect how the ability functions. Make sure it's identical to the Rebel one; sometimes missing a behavior can stop it. I never did make the Imp Guards buildable.. I'm not sure why they don't function as well as they should.. they should be deflecting them, the code is there. I'd say recode them and see if there's a change in behavior or use an existing unit as a template and edit it (I'd use a normal player useable melee unit). It's up to you though. As for the the corruption reward type, I'd base it off a planetary ability/upgrade, or look how other corruption rewards work and make an attempt based off it.