Modding Question Thread -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2001 5 years ago
Blood Asp;5744103I'm not sure why the MC30's ability wouldn't be going off; a change in faction shouldn't affect how the ability functions. Make sure it's identical to the Rebel one; sometimes missing a behavior can stop it. I never did make the Imp Guards buildable.. I'm not sure why they don't function as well as they should.. they should be deflecting them, the code is there. I'd say recode them and see if there's a change in behavior or use an existing unit as a template and edit it (I'd use a normal player useable melee unit). It's up to you though. As for the the corruption reward type, I'd base it off a planetary ability/upgrade, or look how other corruption rewards work and make an attempt based off it.

I still can't find anything about changing what corruptions actually do (except for racketeering for some reason) but I have found that I can easily change how much they give you as income in the gameconstants.xml. As for the Imp guards, I was stupid in thinking that there can't possibly be a THIRD unit for them, that might have the name Imperial_Elite_Guards (There is three versions of them already in there, wtf) in the random xmls. I just changed their name and it was working fine. Turns out, if you have the unit and the squad in the same .xml, the squad won't default to that unit (WTF) and instead, in the more alphabetical .xml. As for the cluster bombs, I changed the name of the ability from MC30_Cluster_Bomb to IGCapital_Cluster_Bomb and for some reason, it stopped working. I've changed names of plenty of things before and they've worked fine, I have a hunch that it was because the GUI ability was still named MC30_Cluster_Bombs. I seem to only work on this thing at 2ish am and miss simple things like that.

A problem that's been appearing and disappearing for me lately, is after a battle, the enemy "Units Lost" window will randomly have the "TIE Advanced" units, even while land battles. Really random and confusing. I've changes a few bits of the TIE advanced thing AFTER this error started appearing and since then, it's appeared less, but still happens sometimes. Just random battles to, I never know when. Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Admiral Ace

Fleet Admiral

50 XP

18th September 2009

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#2002 5 years ago

Does anyone know if there are country restrictions for downloading mods from the site? Someone sent me a PM on Moddb asking for a mod that they can't download from filefront/gamefront(whatever). His user page says he's from Romania.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2003 5 years ago
Admiral Ace;5744195Does anyone know if there are country restrictions for downloading mods from the site? Someone sent me a PM on Moddb asking for a mod that they can't download from filefront/gamefront(whatever). His user page says he's from Romania.

I don't think there is but I wouldn't know for certain. I think that's most peoples answers as well.

Also, I'm trying to create a new AI for the hutt faction, would anyone have any inkling as to how the hell to do this? XD

Side thing. I've tried to change some technology, to be able to be bought at the Black Market on a Hutt planet, but when I corrupt a planet with the black market (owned by the hutts) the Buy option, isn't there.

Blood Asp

Modding, Coding, Pwning

50 XP

9th November 2010

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#2004 5 years ago

Tecness;5744110I still can't find anything about changing what corruptions actually do (except for racketeering for some reason) but I have found that I can easily change how much they give you as income in the gameconstants.xml. As for the Imp guards, I was stupid in thinking that there can't possibly be a THIRD unit for them, that might have the name Imperial_Elite_Guards (There is three versions of them already in there, wtf) in the random xmls. I just changed their name and it was working fine. Turns out, if you have the unit and the squad in the same .xml, the squad won't default to that unit (WTF) and instead, in the more alphabetical .xml. As for the cluster bombs, I changed the name of the ability from MC30_Cluster_Bomb to IGCapital_Cluster_Bomb and for some reason, it stopped working. I've changed names of plenty of things before and they've worked fine, I have a hunch that it was because the GUI ability was still named MC30_Cluster_Bombs. I seem to only work on this thing at 2ish am and miss simple things like that.

A problem that's been appearing and disappearing for me lately, is after a battle, the enemy "Units Lost" window will randomly have the "TIE Advanced" units, even while land battles. Really random and confusing. I've changes a few bits of the TIE advanced thing AFTER this error started appearing and since then, it's appeared less, but still happens sometimes. Just random battles to, I never know when. Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting[/QUOTE]

That's one thing I hate about EaW and FoC, why are there multiple versions of things... some are half complete while others are complete. Although I would understand if it was for a certain campaign mission or something. GameConstants actually control a lot of things, I usually end up editing the damage tables so battles are much quicker. It may be a GUI thing but honestly, I'm not totally sure. There really is no real reason why it shouldn't be working; simply changing the affiliation/faction of a unit normally doesn't cause it's ability to go wack. As for the random TIE showing up in the Units Lost window, I have no clue.

Admiral Ace;5744195Does anyone know if there are country restrictions for downloading mods from the site? Someone sent me a PM on Moddb asking for a mod that they can't download from filefront/gamefront(whatever). His user page says he's from Romania.

Not a clue, but it's quite possible. I know there's a couple YouTube videos that are blocked in the US.

[QUOTE=Tecness;5744221]I don't think there is but I wouldn't know for certain. I think that's most peoples answers as well.

Also, I'm trying to create a new AI for the hutt faction, would anyone have any inkling as to how the hell to do this? XD

Side thing. I've tried to change some technology, to be able to be bought at the Black Market on a Hutt planet, but when I corrupt a planet with the black market (owned by the hutts) the Buy option, isn't there.

I never figured out how to do true AI for new factions, although doesn't a LUA generally affect what the AI do? Are you playing as the Consortium when corrupting or as the Hutt faction?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2005 5 years ago
Blood Asp;5744242 I never figured out how to do true AI for new factions, although doesn't a LUA generally affect what the AI do? Are you playing as the Consortium when corrupting or as the Hutt faction?

Consortium. I've moved the Buzz droid technology from the Rebels to be under the Hutt Affiliation and gave the rebels a Defend technology.

Blood Asp

Modding, Coding, Pwning

50 XP

9th November 2010

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#2006 5 years ago
Tecness;5744260Consortium. I've moved the Buzz droid technology from the Rebels to be under the Hutt Affiliation and gave the rebels a Defend technology.

There's a different Black Market selection for the Hutts? I always thought it was just Rebel and Empire selections tbh

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2007 5 years ago
Blood Asp;5744267There's a different Black Market selection for the Hutts? I always thought it was just Rebel and Empire selections tbh

There isn't. That's the problem XD In the black market technology the researches have affiliations, I just changed the buzz droids from Rebel to Hutts I was hoping it'd work, but I didn't think it would. Which it didn't.

PerceptionErrors.txt is where exactly? I can't seem to find it.

Blood Asp

Modding, Coding, Pwning

50 XP

9th November 2010

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#2008 5 years ago

Tecness;5744269There isn't. That's the problem XD In the black market technology the researches have affiliations, I just changed the buzz droids from Rebel to Hutts I was hoping it'd work, but I didn't think it would. Which it didn't.

PerceptionErrors.txt is where exactly? I can't seem to find it.

Try the "My Documents/My Games" or w/e, or try typing it in search. Honestly, I think FoC is really hard coded to work well with just 3 factions, I don't think a 4th faction has nearly as much support as the first 3.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2009 5 years ago
Blood Asp;5744526Try the "My Documents/My Games" or w/e, or try typing it in search. Honestly, I think FoC is really hard coded to work well with just 3 factions, I don't think a 4th faction has nearly as much support as the first 3.

Well, I'm going to make it work with four, or die trying :p Now, I've created the AI(Actually several versions), the faction, and whatnot, but for some reason, in Galactic Conquest, the AI doesn't do anything, like, at all. I've given it stuff to build, I've given it the XML/AI scripts to build them, as well as the LUA scripts, but still nothing.

Blood Asp

Modding, Coding, Pwning

50 XP

9th November 2010

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#2010 5 years ago
Tecness;5744757Well, I'm going to make it work with four, or die trying :p Now, I've created the AI(Actually several versions), the faction, and whatnot, but for some reason, in Galactic Conquest, the AI doesn't do anything, like, at all. I've given it stuff to build, I've given it the XML/AI scripts to build them, as well as the LUA scripts, but still nothing.

well I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.. honestly I don't have a clue on how to fully get a 4th faction working. All I remember is that it had issues with space stations and AI and such.