Admiral Ace

Fleet Admiral

50 XP

18th September 2009

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#2011 4 years ago

I've added Black Sun as a fourth faction for my mod with no problems except for the AI. I just went slow and added everything one at a time. I did try a test a mod for add 5th faction, but it crashed, so I think four is the limit. I also thought I remember seeing a mod for new AI for the Hutts and some other faction, but can't find it.

I wonder how Thrawn's Revenge got it to work? They have four playable factions, New Republic, Imperial Remnant, Empire of the Hand, and the Pentastar Alignment.

Blood Asp

Modding, Coding, Pwning

50 XP

9th November 2010

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#2012 4 years ago

Admiral Ace;5744943I've added Black Sun as a fourth faction for my mod with no problems except for the AI. I just went slow and added everything one at a time. I did try a test a mod for add 5th faction, but it crashed, so I think four is the limit. I also thought I remember seeing a mod for new AI for the Hutts and some other faction, but can't find it.

I wonder how Thrawn's Revenge got it to work? They have four playable factions, New Republic, Imperial Remnant, Empire of the Hand, and the Pentastar Alignment.

Too bad there's not a way to get EaW/FoC source code.. that way we could have full support for more than three factions, and add numerous other things

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2013 4 years ago

Admiral Ace;5744943I've added Black Sun as a fourth faction for my mod with no problems except for the AI. I just went slow and added everything one at a time. I did try a test a mod for add 5th faction, but it crashed, so I think four is the limit. I also thought I remember seeing a mod for new AI for the Hutts and some other faction, but can't find it.

They did it the same way everyone else normally does it. By editing the BasicEmpire/BasicRebel AI's to be compatible with the new units/buildings and then giving the new factions BasicRebel/BasicEmpire. I've seen several mods with more than 5 factions, not a whole lot, but a few.

Blood Asp

Modding, Coding, Pwning

50 XP

9th November 2010

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#2014 4 years ago
Tecness;5745102They did it the same way everyone else normally does it. By editing the BasicEmpire/BasicRebel AI's to be compatible with the new units/buildings and then giving the new factions BasicRebel/BasicEmpire. I've seen several mods with more than 5 factions, not a whole lot, but a few.

:agreed

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2015 4 years ago

Unfortunately, my AI has failed, again. I'm assuming nobody in the past weekish has learned how to create an AI? XD

Blood Asp

Modding, Coding, Pwning

50 XP

9th November 2010

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#2016 4 years ago
Tecness;5745295Unfortunately, my AI has failed, again. I'm assuming nobody in the past weekish has learned how to create an AI? XD

I certainly haven't, so maybe someone else has? Or ?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2017 4 years ago

Hi guys,

I've added plenty of new units before, but this time I've hit a bump. I added the Victory-1 from Aotr, but whenever it loads into a battle there's an exception error. Any tips?

EDIT- I've got it working but the model is the green texture less variant, despite the .dds files being in the right place...advice?

Blood Asp

Modding, Coding, Pwning

50 XP

9th November 2010

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#2018 4 years ago

NemesisActual;5752190Hi guys,

I've added plenty of new units before, but this time I've hit a bump. I added the Victory-1 from Aotr, but whenever it loads into a battle there's an exception error. Any tips?

EDIT- I've got it working but the model is the green texture less variant, despite the .dds files being in the right place...advice?

That's strange. If the DDS files are there along with the model everything should function correctly. I would say make sure the textures match the model

shadow0

The One brings the worst!

50 XP

4th January 2007

0 Uploads

1,244 Posts

0 Threads

#2019 4 years ago

NemesisActual;5752190Hi guys,

They way you are describing it, it seems you're missing the shaders of the model. Sadly, I can't help you further, since I personally don't know how to remove shaders from the shader file and add it to another shader file >_>

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2020 4 years ago

Hey there,

i need some help with adding ships to FoC. After a long time i decided to play this awesome game again, now that AotR2.6 is out and i thought why not adding some more ships to it. I did it before but i've got some trouble now, as can't remember what i'm missing or doing wrong.

So now the actual problem:

The ships i add will show just as dead models of the ships, they move and everything, the icons aren't a problem either but there're no hardpoints and it's just the deathclone model flying around. I added the ALO and ALA files to the models folder and the dds files to textures, did the icon thing with the mtd editor. But i can't figure out if i have to do something in the xml or if i placed something wrong or missed something completely.

If anyone can give me a hint, i'd appreciate it :)