Jay2645

Master Chief for President!

50 XP

9th September 2006

0 Uploads

351 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Okay, I have just a quick question: Is there a Galactic Conquest Map Editor? I know about the EaW map editor, but I can't figure out how to make the maps an actual planet. I have the Planets.XML, Traderoutes.XML, and SinglePlayerCampaigns.XML all changed, but the planet: a. Doesn't appear; and b. I see the land and space maps under "Custom Maps" in the mod.

Yes, I do have the folder (SW_GoC_V1) in the "Mods" folder, and I do have a working startup file, as I have a custom opening screen, as well as a few working units.

Looking back, I guess that question wasn't so quick.

turbotails23

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

24th September 2006

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

a. Doesn't appear; and b. I see the land and space maps under "Custom Maps" in the mod.

Ahh, I do believe the "AND" would be the key phrase here. Its just a guess, but it might be that you have your map set to multiplayer, instead of single player. From what I remember, your map shouldn't appear under custom maps, unless if you set it as a multiplayer map. And please define what you mean as "Galactic Conquest Map Editor". Now, if that works, can you tell me how you made a custom opening screen?

Jay2645

50 XP

9th September 2006

0 Uploads

351 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I just downloaded the Photoshop .DDS plugin, and then took the pic of 4 lightsabers from my sig, added some words to it, and then saved it to my Data/Art/Textures folder under SPLASH.DDS.

What I mean by a GC Map Editor is one that can make a planet for GC. I saw something about it somewhere around here, I'll try to dig it up.

Gorbeh

Doctor

50 XP

24th July 2006

0 Uploads

1,529 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Their is no GC map editor, you just have to code in a planet. All mine work. Unless you coded it wrong it is your map. Maps use different markers in skirmish and GC.

What markers did you use?

Deadman_T

Minister of Darkness

50 XP

26th May 2006

0 Uploads

250 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

there is a galatic map editor underdevelopment there is a thread on the petro forums here:http://www.petroglyphgames.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=357

Droid

I'm Crazy

50 XP

13th March 2006

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

haha no I don't think thats the problem. --- Move your maps for that planet from CustomMaps to...Data/Art/Maps Thats problem b solved. I have no idea how to solve problem a without looking at the code.

Gorbeh

Doctor

50 XP

24th July 2006

0 Uploads

1,529 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Sweet, I can't wait for that editor. I hate guessing and testing.

Jay2645

50 XP

9th September 2006

0 Uploads

351 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Yes, that was the editor I as thinking about. I'll look and see if the Multiplayer mode as the problem.

And Droid, I do have it in the correct folder.

Jay2645

50 XP

9th September 2006

0 Uploads

351 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

Well, the planet is still not appearing. It does not appear in the skirmish mode like it used to, at least.

turbotails23

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

24th September 2006

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Interesting, hmm... Could you post the code here?