Hi folks, I'm trying to set up an option to upgrade units, e.g. I start off with R-22 Spearheads with the option to upgrade to A-Wings instead of the R-22s. However I'm not getting it to work at all. The upgrade option itself isn't even appearing though. I added a SpaceUnit called RZ-1_A-wing_Research (and another called RZ-1_A-wing_MKII_Research for the next available upgrade) and entered the following code into the STORY_SANDBOX files for GC: STORY_TRIGGER BUILDABLE_UNIT RZ-1_A-wing_Research Universal_Story_Start STORY_CONSTRUCT RZ-1_A-wing_Research 1 FILTER_FRIENDLY_ONLY BUILDABLE_UNIT RZ-1_A-wing_MKII_Research Unlock_A-wing_Research STORY_TRIGGER BUILDABLE_UNIT A_Wing_Squadron R22_Squadron Research_A-wing STORY_TRIGGER REMOVE_UNIT RZ-1_A-wing_Research Upgrade_A-wing My SpaceUnit is as follows: TEXT_UPGRADE_RS_R22 TEXT_ENCYCLOPEDIA_CLASS_UNIT TEXT_UPGRADE_TOOLTIP_RS_R22 i_button_a_wing.tga Upgrade 1 0 200 20 Yes Yes 1 1 DUMMY_STARSHIP RHD_Upgrade_Progress RHD_Upgrade_Canceled RHD_Upgrade_Complete Anyone got any ideas why this isn't working? :confused: Thanks, John.
I think the following line, Yes Build_Initially_Locked> tells the game whether or not Artoo and Threepio need to 'steal' the technology. Change it to: No Build_Initially_Locked> and you should be fine.
You should use SidiousInvaders unit-variant code, it works the same but then correctly, so just change the parameters and the names and it locks/unlocks the units correctly.
Change it by
The code for R2D2 Slicer is different. It locks the upgrade on all the sides without chance of unlocks.
I have other suggestion.
4 0 1 0
The required lines prevents that you see the unit on the correct command bar, if not you can not see space units on the ground units construction bar.
yea so in short sidiousinvaders unit code. I think your comment only makes the problem bigger, you're overcomplicating it as usual.
STORY_CONSTRUCT Paladin_Destroyer 1 BUILDABLE_UNIT Paladin_Destroyer_2 Paladin_Destroyer True UNIVERSAL_STORY_START
STORY_CONSTRUCT Paladin_Destroyer_2 1 BUILDABLE_UNIT Paladin_Destroyer_3 Paladin_Destroyer_2 True UNIVERSAL_STORY_STARTSTORY_CONSTRUCT Paladin_Destroyer_3 1 BUILDABLE_UNIT Paladin_Destroyer Paladin_Destroyer_3 True UNIVERSAL_STORY_START
What I use to have 3 different versions of the Paladin destroyer in GC, just edit the names and you can use the code for unlocking one different version too, and will lock the last version and not unlock the first again. Problem solved ;)
Thanks for the help guys, but as usual these things come down to the simple human errors. I didn't put an Affiliation tag into the Research SpaceUnit. Once I put that in and set it to Rebel I was good to go. D'oh!!!! :lulz: