Mercenary Texture Artist

50 XP

18th October 2007

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#3061 4 years ago

Warb and I use photoshop.

To texture models accurately you require 3dsmax and Photoshop together.

It is very difficult to texture without understanding how it applies to the model.

shadow0

The One brings the worst!

50 XP

4th January 2007

0 Uploads

1,244 Posts

0 Threads

#3062 4 years ago

Burntstrobe;5755123It is a much larger issue than just a sword design.

It is Disneys marketing initiatives and motives that decided to remove all of the Expanded Universe material from canon. They did this because they deemed it "not profitable enough".

It is just wrong to erase history that has kept a genre alive for years for the sake of profiting from it. In my opinion, they just didn't try hard enough to think about creative ways of keeping the Expanded Universe. They said it was 'impossible to create', which I laugh at because I know 3 mods that are doing a fine job at keeping the EU alive (thank you Corey and Cheese).

I couldn't care less about the design of a sword hilt, but to me, I see what it really is.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you see it that way! Personally I kind of like how they seperated the current EU with what they want, since the EU is still alive and kicking, allthough as Star Wars Legends. (Besides, did we really want a Sheev Palpatine as Galactic Emperor, instead of just Emperor Palpatine)? [QUOTE=Burntstrobe;5755123]Warb and I use photoshop.

To texture models accurately you require 3dsmax and Photoshop together.

It is very difficult to texture without understanding how it applies to the model.

Damn, figured as much, since GIMP is giving me some wierd results.....

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3063 4 years ago

Photoshop or GIMP shouldn't make any difference. A texture is a texture after all whatever program you use to make it.

It's been a while but i've finaly finished another model. Strongarm_zps03a9e9ef.jpg

It's the Strongarm Gunship from TOR

Granyaski VIP Member

High as a kite

107 XP

29th May 2008

0 Uploads

11,881 Posts

1 Threads

#3064 4 years ago

Looking really good Warb. Your stuff never seems to disapoint.

Whats your next project?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3065 4 years ago

Granyaski;5756364Looking really good Warb. Your stuff never seems to disapoint.

Whats your next project?

This Banshee_zpsa52ebe51.jpg It's a fighter from the Legacy vol2 comics. It doesn't have a name so i named it Banshee fighter.

Burntstrobe

Mercenary Texture Artist

50 XP

18th October 2007

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#3066 4 years ago

Great model

I know it is not practical for a fighter, but it would be cool if those lasers on the wings were to act like a turret and swivel left and right like a turret.

I could also envision a landing animation where the rear wing rotated to be horizontal.

I sense cheesecake coming to see this in the near future... :)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3067 4 years ago

Burntstrobe;5757044Great model

I know it is not practical for a fighter, but it would be cool if those lasers on the wings were to act like a turret and swivel left and right like a turret.

I could also envision a landing animation where the rear wing rotated to be horizontal.

I sense cheesecake coming to see this in the near future... :)

Those spikes on the wings are not guns but antena. The lasercannons are on the hull underneath the cockpit. The rear wing does rotate horizontal with the "lock s-foil" ability from the x-wing. I didn't give it landing animation but the would need to rotate than too like it does in the comic.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3068 4 years ago

A late christmas present: The Imperial Lance Walker smile.gifsmile.gifImperial_Lance_Walker_zpse938499e.jpg

Considder this to be V0.9 There is a small issue with the sounds not playing properly when walking. This is due to missing values for the ANIMATIONSFXMAPS.TXT. I don't have the tool 'SFXMAPGEN' for getting those values so i am unable to fix that at this moment.

If anyone has the SFXMAPGEN tool please send it to me.

shadow0

The One brings the worst!

50 XP

4th January 2007

0 Uploads

1,244 Posts

0 Threads

#3069 4 years ago

Awesome models as always, Warb!

Wondering, will you be making more vehicles? I would love to see more TOR vehicles! (and reskins of stock infantry to TOR infantry D:!, unless you feel like modelling some new infantry!)

Burntstrobe

Mercenary Texture Artist

50 XP

18th October 2007

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#3070 4 years ago

Great model Warb, nice detail work.

Is this canon or fanon? If it is canon, where is it from?