Help! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

Ok i am trying to add The magnepulse's LOBBING SUPERWEAPON to the SPMAT, but when i run map editor or FOC the games Says that the file has syntax errors and then jhas an exception and closes. When i check the file out with all three of my XML editors they tell meto replace all of the closing tags with closing tag. wtf is up PLZ answer:Puzzled::D:feedback:

Valgarochi

Let's go find Carmine...

50 XP

16th February 2007

0 Uploads

1,324 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

youre bettor off having the Spmat fire the magnapulse projectile. replace Proj_Ground_SPMAT_Grenade in the SPMATs data with Magnepulse_Blob then it will fire the magnapulse weapon instead of its normal one

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 10 years ago

Obviously you dont understand. The SPMAT Just crashes the game. I am currently trying to find the syntax error but there is none

Valgarochi

Let's go find Carmine...

50 XP

16th February 2007

0 Uploads

1,324 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

with a hidden syntax error, youre better oiff deleting eveything you changed, and get a fresh copy to edit.

Nebulogan_B

Knowledgeable, but weird

50 XP

7th September 2007

0 Uploads

351 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

don't delete everything, just check the start and end tags for UnitAbilityData, since what you've said inidicates that you may have forgot the / in and the game and xml editors read it as a start tag, if that isn't the problem i suggest starting over

bobsmithishere

*boom* headshot

50 XP

28th September 2006

0 Uploads

386 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

what i would do is open the file with firefox or netscape, those two don't open the file at all unless you fix the problem first, instead they display an error message, both of those tell you exactly what the problem is and what line it's on

D3matt

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

20th November 2007

0 Uploads

2,552 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

If you're doing something as simple as replacing a projectile, which literally takes 10 seconds, you'll do yourself a favor to just start over.