Starkiller2356

SW Force Unleashed 2!!

50 XP

16th April 2010

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#1 9 years ago

I have recently got Star Wars Empire At War Forces Of Corruption and want to have a great experience with nice graphics. So I went to the advanced video options and turned up everything to its max. When I hit apply the water quality and shader bars go back down to low:uhm: I kept on attempting to get it to high in every way I can but It doesn't work. I also noticed that I turned the shadows detail up to high and I still have low quality shadows:(. The bar for shadows stays in high too. I have windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and a Intel graphics media accelerator 4500MHD graphics card. Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!! I really want the best graphics in empire at war!!

Bubbleteatroopa

I got them crazies.

50 XP

31st December 2008

0 Uploads

821 Posts

0 Threads

#2 9 years ago
Starkiller2356;5295351I have recently got Star Wars Empire At War Forces Of Corruption and want to have a great experience with nice graphics. So I went to the advanced video options and turned up everything to its max. When I hit apply the water quality and shader bars go back down to low:uhm: I kept on attempting to get it to high in every way I can but It doesn't work. I also noticed that I turned the shadows detail up to high and I still have low quality shadows:(. The bar for shadows stays in high too. I have windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and a Intel graphics media accelerator 4500MHD graphics card. Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!! I really want the best graphics in empire at war!!

Ahhhhh. You do not have a good enough graphics card sir :lulz: To play games on high settings, buy a better graphics card. Thats the only way it will enable you to set it on high.

I can help you find a GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) to fit with your computer and enable you to play games on high settings for a reasonable price (for a graphics card) if you want. I just need to know a few things about your system and its specs

Is it a desktop or a laptop? (very important!!)

How much RAM do you have? What kind? (DDR2, DDR3?)

Processor type, make and speed?

What company is your computer from? What is your computer called? (IE Acer aspire 5920g, Asus EEE PC, Dell Dimension etc.)

What kind of motherboard do you have?

What is your budget? (I reccomend you should be spending somewhere between 50-150 bucks, depending on how much power you want).

If you can tell me these things, I can help you find a better graphics card that can actually play games on high settings! :)

So contact me back when you got your system specs and your budget, and I can help you out big time!

Starkiller2356

SW Force Unleashed 2!!

50 XP

16th April 2010

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#3 9 years ago

Ohhh, thanks so much! I have a HP Pavilion Dv6-1350us notebook with 4Gb DDR3 (2Dimm), Intel Core2 Duo T6600 @ 2.2GHz, motherboard is an Intel (???). My budget would probably be from $50-$200. Thank you for all your help!:):D

Bubbleteatroopa

I got them crazies.

50 XP

31st December 2008

0 Uploads

821 Posts

0 Threads

#4 9 years ago

Alright, thanks for the system specs. But I do need the exact type of motherboard you have. Il see if I can find it online, but perhapse its different than the stock factory model or something. If you could find out what exactly it is, it would be lots easier.

What you can do to find your exact system specs is this:

1. Hit Start button 2. Click Run 3. In Run type dxdiag (Which stands for DirectX Diagnostics) 4. Your done, unless you want to send your specs to EA or something then, click Save All Information 5. Then select the spot you want to save it. This is courtesy of: http://forums.filefront.com/bf2-problems-errors-help/276411-how-find-system-specifications.html

Once you have done that, post the entire thing here so I can read it all to help you out :)

BTW, although I do not see your mobo or anything, sounds like a 9600 or a 9800 would be your ideal gaming card for a reasonable price. But we need to find your MOBO (motherboard) out in order to see if one of these cards can actually be put into the PC.

Starkiller2356

SW Force Unleashed 2!!

50 XP

16th April 2010

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#5 9 years ago

I checked like you said for the motherboard specs, but there wasn't anything that had to do with my motherboard. My motherboard is the stock model for the Hp dv6-1350us laptop because I have searched and all the specs were the same as mine. I am pretty sure it is an intel board because the graphics card is intergrated into the board. Thanks again I really appreciate your help.

Bubbleteatroopa

I got them crazies.

50 XP

31st December 2008

0 Uploads

821 Posts

0 Threads

#6 9 years ago
Starkiller2356;5297035I checked like you said for the motherboard specs, but there wasn't anything that had to do with my motherboard. My motherboard is the stock model for the Hp dv6-1350us laptop because I have searched and all the specs were the same as mine. I am pretty sure it is an intel board because the graphics card is intergrated into the board. Thanks again I really appreciate your help.

Unfortunately it does not look like you are able to upgrade your laptops video card. This is unfortunate indeed. 99% of laptops video cards cannot be upgraded. I however, have a laptop that can. Acer aspire 5920g. If you wish to have a laptop that can have a graphics card upgrade, I suggest one of these from this list:

Acer MXM Models and Cards

Laptops need MXM graphics cards. They are more expensive and much, much more rare than their desktop counterparts. You cannot find them in stores generally.

Im sorry to inform you about this...it sure does suck when you think your getting a laptop that can play games, but you realize that it cannot due to a piece of crap integrated card. Next laptop you purchase, do not buy one with integrated graphics. I do suggest that you sell your current one, and with the money buy one of the laptops from the list that I gave you. All of those can have graphics upgrades and are good for games and everything else.

Starkiller2356

SW Force Unleashed 2!!

50 XP

16th April 2010

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#7 9 years ago

oh. Well that does suck. I guess I will just play the game how it is.:( What if you could replace the current motherboard with a new one with a better graphics card in it? I think there is an ATI graphics card in another motherboard in the same model. The trouble is finding that motherboard. Well thanks anyway. If you do know anything about replacing the motherboard could you please tell me. Thanks again

Bubbleteatroopa

I got them crazies.

50 XP

31st December 2008

0 Uploads

821 Posts

0 Threads

#8 9 years ago
Starkiller2356;5297656oh. Well that does suck. I guess I will just play the game how it is.:( What if you could replace the current motherboard with a new one with a better graphics card in it? I think there is an ATI graphics card in another motherboard in the same model. The trouble is finding that motherboard. Well thanks anyway. If you do know anything about replacing the motherboard could you please tell me. Thanks again

Might be possible. I think you ought to contact a computer tech and ask him about this.

Starkiller2356

SW Force Unleashed 2!!

50 XP

16th April 2010

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#9 9 years ago

Okay luckily I will be seeing one tonight and I will ask him about motherboard swapping. I'll tell you if it is possible if you like. I heard that some intel graphics cards have PCI slots for and upgradeable graphics cards even when they're integrated. What is a PCI slot? I think I know but I am not sure. Also are all dedicated graphics cards upgradeable? Thanks

Bubbleteatroopa

I got them crazies.

50 XP

31st December 2008

0 Uploads

821 Posts

0 Threads

#10 9 years ago
Starkiller2356;5297775Okay luckily I will be seeing one tonight and I will ask him about motherboard swapping. I'll tell you if it is possible if you like. I heard that some intel graphics cards have PCI slots for and upgradeable graphics cards even when they're integrated. What is a PCI slot? I think I know but I am not sure. Also are all dedicated graphics cards upgradeable? Thanks

Conventional PCI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is what it is. If it is possible for you to upgrade (perhapse with a new mobo or something) then I will be glad to help you find the right card that has gaming and entertainment in mind (its nice to have a gamers perspective instead of a tech guy's, because not all of them actually play games).