Help!!!!! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

I feel like im going 2 drop dead. sad%20%28frown%29.gif Im a noob and I have never modded a game in my life. But I really want to replace Kyle in JK2 with a model that I downloaded. I have pakscape but no matter what I do I can't replace kyle! I tried using Autocept's sticky of mp to sp, but it was way too da%^ confusing (no offense Autocept). Can somebody please help me replace kyle with new character and sounds that go with the character? Plz?

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Extract all the files from the new skin's folder. Open up model_default.skin with notepad. You should see paths that look like "models/players/skin/image.tga". Whatever part is where skin is, change all of those to kyle. Anything that says caps, leave alone. When you've done that, open pakscape, make a new PK3, and make the following directory: models>players>kyle Now drag all of the files from the skin you extracted into that folder. Save it as whatever you want into your base folder. Try it out. You should have successfully overwritten Kyle.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! (Darkeye starts deep breathing exercises. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out some pills, and swallows them.) More calmly: Thank you so much. I finally got it to work. You are the best! All hail Darth Iny! All bow down before her ultimate power!! smilie.gif

PropheticKarma

Chasing This Starlight.

50 XP

25th October 2004

0 Uploads

6,649 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

[color=purple][color=DarkOrchid]No worries, listen to Darth Iny and ye shall go far... :D [/color][/color]

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 13 years ago

Amen, sister. Amen. But I do have one more question. After I edited kyle, I did the same thing with a ninja skin I downloaded in an attempt to replace the stormtroopers. I did the exact same thing I did with kyle, changed ninja to stormtrooper in the model_default.skin, everything. And it worked fine, except the legs are invisible. It seems like that from their knees down. Is there a way to fix this?

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Sounds like you made a typo in that particular string of the .skin file. Go look at it and make sure you spelled everything right, and that that path is actually pointing to the texture. If it is, make sure you added the texture in the right folder.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 13 years ago

Your right. I didn't fill the entire thing out. Thanks for helping me notice that. Bless you again, Iny.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 13 years ago

I just seriously messed up. I used a mod that changed the autoexec.cfg but I forgot to make a backup. Now I want to change it back, but I can't. I was wondering if somebody could e-mail me their autoexec.cfg in an attachment if their's was normal and hadn't been modded with. I would really appreciate this if somebody could. Then I would stop bothering you guys all in the same thread every 20 minutes. My e-mail is [email="darkeye905@yahoo.com"]darkeye905@yahoo.com[/email] It's not really my official e-mail, but it has a ton more space. Thanks!

Amidala

Don't whine, respawn!

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

505 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

You don't need an autoexec.cfg file. It's an optional default configuration file used by Quake III engine games. I never had one playing JK2 and JA for two years.