I have been "customizing" Base JKA for quite a while now, anyhow I still struggle with the following subjects:[INDENT]1) A way to enable [COLOR=Red]saber colors other than blue and red[/COLOR] in team games.
2) A way to [COLOR=Red]deactivate deathmessages[/COLOR] especially in the center of the screen but also in the upper left. [/INDENT][INDENT]3) A way to change the standard [COLOR=Red]pistol stance to a rifle stance[/COLOR] (I replaced the Blaster model with an E-11 model but couldn't replace the stance)
4) A way to [COLOR=Red]increase the likelyhood of parrying light saber attacks[/COLOR].[COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/INDENT]Thanks in advance for any help on the aforementioned subjects!
The following are limits of base JKA which I managed to overcome with some tricks. - No saber and no force using bots (such as Stormtroopers etc.) - Deactivation of team skins in team games. - Optically improved repeater shots. - No "alt fire glowing" on blaster pistol. If anyone is interested in reproduction I can offer support.
Oy..I'll just offer what I can on what you've offered. [INDENT]1) A way to enable [COLOR=Red]saber colors other than blue and red[/COLOR] in team games. - If I'm not mistaken, that's base game code you'd have to be editing. Not my department, so I'd act depending on how desperately you want it. 2) A way to [COLOR=Red]deactivate deathmessages[/COLOR] especially in the center of the screen but also in the upper left. - Well, I looked in the cg_ commands to see if there was something to prevent this. The only one I know of would be cg_draw2d, but this would remove all 2D objects from your hud, I.E. your hud and text messages.
The only surefire way I know is if you replaced the mp_ingame.str file in Assets0 with blank phrases. [/INDENT]3) A way to change the standard [COLOR=Red]pistol stance to a rifle stance[/COLOR] (I replaced the Blaster model with an E-11 model but couldn't replace the stance) - You'd need an animation set that replaced it thusly. 4) A way to [COLOR=Red]increase the likelyhood of parrying light saber attacks[/COLOR].[COLOR=Black] - For SP, I'm assuming you'd have to edit a copy of the SP saber .sabs and add parry bonuses.
That's about all I can recommend here. Oh and uh...maybe you can let me in on how to de-glowify alt pistol fire? <_<; [/COLOR]
Thanks for the provided information!
1) As mentioned before I am searching a solution to bypass the [COLOR=Red]team saber colors[/COLOR] since ages. Therefore I would even be willing to edit the game code. Where do I get information on how to do that?
2) I tried disabling the cg_draw2d before. It's the only solution to [COLOR=Red]get rid of the mid-screen death messages[/COLOR] - but of course it also removes the hud. It's a possibility, but I'm still searching for information on how to remove at least only the mid-screen messages. I tried replacing the hud.menu with a blank file. The hud was gone, but the death messages still appeared :S If I clear the Strings in the mp_ingame.str, I still get the name of the fragged player shown (even though the "you killed" line is removed). So still no progress here...
3) Concerning the animation set: I haven't found any animations [COLOR=Red]switching the pistol stance into a rifle stance[/COLOR]. Is there one around I missed? Otherwise I would even be willing to create custom animations - provided that there is a way of creating them and implementing them...
4) I was not precise on this point: What I meant is, that I am looking for a way to have a [COLOR=Red]higher likelyhood of parrying lightsaber attacks in MP for all combatants[/COLOR]. Currently one can parrry approximately 3 strikes before one is hit. Nothing compared to epic movie battles with minimum 20+ parrys :-D For MP, the *.sab file editing has not achieved the wanted effects...
Thanks again for the information provided so far. And if you honestly want to know how I removed the muzzle glowing from the Blasters alt-fire - here you go: a) Open assets1.pk3 b) Open gfx\effects\bryarfrontflash.jpg and color it completely black. c) save and try!