.... -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

hey, well.... when i try download something for jk2 like skin or something it says: You do not have permission to save into here. when i try save it into GameData and Base. And i am the administrator of the computer. lil help :confused:

SmackBulb

toodles

50 XP

17th May 2008

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

Your doing it wrong.

And i'm not fully understanding you of what the problem is.

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,650 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#3 10 years ago

Likely problem is that you're trying to save it to the gamedata\base directory on the CD. This is incorrect, and will produce that error every time since the computer can't write to a directory on finalised media, thus thinks the directory is write protected as opposed to just plain unwriteable.

You need to save your files into the gamedata\base directory where you installed the game. Unless you changed the install path during installation, the location of this folder is [COLOR=RoyalBlue]C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\gamedata\base[/COLOR]. Ensure that you're attempting to write the files to that base folder before believing there's an error; it's quite a common mistake to make.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 10 years ago

ye, i see where ure goin but. then it goes into Gamedata/base and then there is another thing in base which is saves. so...

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

Most skins, and models, or maps, only work in the Multiplayer mode.

What are you trying to install? Was the file "Zipped"? Or a PK3? Or do you know?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 10 years ago

reconises as zip and doesn't let me unzip it or extract it

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

Hmmm,... does it give an error when you try to unzip, or extract it?