Mørto

The Bullet

50 XP

11th October 2005

0 Uploads

604 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Hi, is there anyone out there who would be able to give me some advice on finding a FREE server (apart from making one myself as i am stupid in general;) ) Thanks All Lord Morto

21st July 2005

0 Uploads

2,308 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Well, aren't all the servers for JA free to join? Or are you asking about something else?

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,602 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,730 Posts

2 Threads

#3 12 years ago

If you want a free server, you'll have to host it yourself or have someone else host it for you. The only other option to the above is using a rental company, but that isn't free.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

Mørto

The Bullet

50 XP

11th October 2005

0 Uploads

604 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Thanks dudes/dudettes lol I know kouen they arnt cheap but i am in dier need of 1 could some1 post if they would be willing to make and host a server for me?

SocomPsycho

I dislike spam

50 XP

20th January 2004

0 Uploads

330 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Anything hosted for free isn't going to be very good or at least not going to hold very many people. I suggest you rent one. This place has very nice prices and the servers are of good quality.

http://www.paradoxhosting.net/Services.htm

¤Dx¤ØutLaw

AFK = A Free Kill

50 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

90 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

You might check around on various servers and see if sharing an established server is possible, with JA activity reaching new lows there are many clans and server owners who may be interested in sharing their server just for the increased activity.

Mørto

The Bullet

50 XP

11th October 2005

0 Uploads

604 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

One of my old clans is willing to do that but i can only recruit there (no advertising) so i dont see the point it is good for he time being. Also thanks physco for those prices they will be very useful. I just have 1 flaw about you sayin "Anything hosted for free isn't going to be very good or at least not going to hold very many people" this isnt true, my friend hosts his own and its great. Thanks though

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,602 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,730 Posts

2 Threads

#8 12 years ago
SocomPsycho... Fixed by KouenAnything hosted for free isn't going to be very good or at least not going to hold very many people unless your machine is completely pimped out and equipped with top of the range hardware. A T3 net connection helps too.

Fixed. :)

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

IrishDragon

Living deity

50 XP

23rd July 2005

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

I agree with the above statement about JKA's lows. Why stretch the numbers thinner just so you can have admin powers? Those who can't properly run and fund a clan...should not do it half assed. Nothing against you or your group, but you may want to merge with the clan who currently allow you to use their server. And yes, I said 'allow', because it's their right for shelling out money to provide you with a place to play.

Only free host you are going to find is yourself, or someone dumb enough to waste their own home bandwidth. Or you'll end up just following the rules of whatever server your currently allowed on.

In summary...merge with a fully formed clan, maybe you can bargin your way into some position of power, if that is your ultimate goal. Don't stretch the already thin player pool on something that will be doomed from the start.

Happy gaming ^_^

**EDIT**

I also believe this should have been posted in the general chat section

Mørto

The Bullet

50 XP

11th October 2005

0 Uploads

604 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Thanks Irish but i already tried mergin...didnt work. I may just eventually buy 1 but i dont know thanks