Erstok

Anonymous

50 XP

18th September 2008

0 Uploads

255 Posts

0 Threads

#1 7 years ago

Yes I know it's 2011 but I'm keeping the name the same regardless.

I did some more bug fixing and corrections over the past year. I uploaded a final copy to jk2files site not to long ago(messed up and uploaded an older version first), I did a few other fixings and additions as well as made all the textures individual to it's own folder so you wont have any conflictions with the original map. They can now work together side by side.

To be honest level is about as bug less as I could get it honestly. I've been nit picking the bugger to death while working on and off with it for the past year.

Removed the space council, as well as restored the jump pit to it's old setup aka lava jumping at the end. So in other words the level outside of it's textures and some other things it has the core level design of the original. Enjoy some screenies in the mean time.

Spoiler: Show
archivesk.jpgarenaxd.jpgbarklq.jpgcouncilrooml.jpgjailcells.jpgjumppitend.jpgmainhallcq.jpgmedbay.jpgpillarjump.jpgtrainingroom.jpg

Download link for the level in the mean time. 2lcwcbn.gif

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 7 years ago

oooh looks good nice work ^^ i like the library looks cool lol

Pande

Sexeh like teh gizmo

50 XP

9th April 2008

0 Uploads

610 Posts

0 Threads

#3 7 years ago

LIGHTING!!!!!!!!

jk3editor

Retard Hungarian Modder

50 XP

21st August 2008

0 Uploads

1,520 Posts

0 Threads

#4 7 years ago
Pande;5569776LIGHTING!!!!!!!!

:nodding:

The One and Only

I R Scary Eyeball

50 XP

29th January 2004

0 Uploads

4,091 Posts

0 Threads

#5 7 years ago

It's been a year and a half, and you still haven't fixed those dreadful looking skies?

minilogoguy18

kitty dances for rep!

50 XP

4th September 2004

0 Uploads

2,675 Posts

0 Threads

#6 7 years ago

Yeah, the skies look more like pictures painted on the wall.

Erstok

Anonymous

50 XP

18th September 2008

0 Uploads

255 Posts

0 Threads

#7 7 years ago

I never heard anyone in game complain about the skies. Never heard it from anyone in my clan or anyone outside of it.

Personally the skies never bothered me anyway. All else fails you can map mod in skyboxes if you want them that bad. People do it enough with other levels. :clueless:

To be honest, most people I heard things from wondered why I took out the end portion of the jump pit.

Griffinclaw probably used them back in the day due to the fact that it was only real set of Coruscant skies in JO. He probably used them in JA just to keep with the same general look of the original though I have no way of confirming that. Last and only time I talked to Griffinclaw was in JO last year when he reinstalled JO after buying it off steam, he even said he wished he did some things different but I have no idea what he would of done different.

Say an easy way to satisfy everyone I can throw in some switches to change the skies.

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#8 7 years ago

Pande;5569776LIGHTING!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jk3editor;5569791]:nodding:

:agreed

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 7 years ago
The One and Only;5569797It's been a year and a half, and you still haven't fixed those dreadful looking skies?

I agree with the skybox statement. You basically just pasted pictures over it and stretched it out. Better to make a skybox out of it. Shader is easy for it.

textures/Impbase/sky

{ qer_editorimage textures/impbase/sky // editor image q3map_lightRGB 0.923568 0.959106 1.000000 // lightcolor q3map_skylight 200 5 // density & itiration (not below 3) surfaceparm nomarks surfaceparm sky surfaceparm noimpact surfaceparm nodlight q3map_lightmapFilterRadius 0 8 q3map_sunExt 1.000000 0.997119 0.857641 350 322 35 1 2 // sun extention, RGB value, intensity, heading, altitude, deviance, sample notc q3map_nolightmap skyParms textures/impbase/thesky 1024 - // folder with the 6 images }

for more information about skybox shaders, check here: Rich Diesals Costum Skybox Tutorial

minilogoguy18

kitty dances for rep!

50 XP

4th September 2004

0 Uploads

2,675 Posts

0 Threads

#10 7 years ago

Well I used to play on a lugormod server that hosted the map and looking out the windows was terrible. Most who just play online anyway think that anything that isn't stock is the most amazing thing they've ever seen because they can't mod, so why would they complain, just my experience with the opinions of the online community.