Gunslinger's Academy [working title] is a realistic take on the good old Jedi Academy.
Technical Information: This mod expands upon the base game, offering modders expanded game limits. It uses the OJP Basic as a base.
- For one thing, there are now 10 available death sounds, expanded from the original 3. There are also 3 landing sounds and 3 jump sounds, expanded from the original 1.I used existing death code and changed it to use Q_irand instead of EV_DEATH comparisons, so it might be a little bit more stable as well. The limits can be expanded very easily as well, for coders
- Trace IP addresses instead of a login file (like Lugor). Saves files with information about each IP address found in memory, so you can store stuff like levels without using a /register command like Lugormod. There are two key drawbacks to this, however. The first is that if your IP changes, you lost all information (I will be installing a safety for this however, like a /recovery cmd and a /recoverypwd cmd. /recovery xxx.xxx.xx.xx , while /recoverypwd sets a password). The other drawback is that multiple users on the same computer can't have different info (Again, a profile system could be installed where you type /profile x and it will switch to a made profile. UI could do this as well). This is much more user-friendly than Lugormod.
- Clientside needed.
- Probably going to expand MAX_WEAPONS to 32 at some point or another.
- MAYBE expand the max players to 64. ASM might be needed for this.
- Most of the HUD is removed, but if you wish to code it back in, go ahead.
Cosmetic Information The mod will focus on highly-realistic, minimal Star Wars content. Imagine a Rodian wielding an MP5. The weapons have been adjusted for this. For example, our MP5 (replacement for bowcaster) fires at about 12 rounds/second and does around 10 damage per round. In addition, there are these features:
- HUD has been stripped down and only displays ammo
- No shields on start
- Most pickups have been removed, including weapon pickups
- Bloody (very bloody) gfx
- Only 1 weapon (at this point): The MP5A3
- Call of Duty style life. Your life will recover, and red will be displayed around your screen when health is low.
- Kill streaks!
I can help with raising MAX_WEAPONS to 32, 64 player support, and HUD improvements. Give me a shout later if you like. It requires hooking into the engine (So yeah, fair bit of ASM)
Very proud to see someone doing something like this!
HUD improvements are easy, so is the Call of Duty health style system. I managed to implement the CoD style health system back in JK2: ZJK2 - Xfire Video
Nice idea, to add onto it I think improving animations (walking, shooting, jumping etc.) would be grand.
Authuran;5156925Nice idea, to add onto it I think improving animations (walking, shooting, jumping etc.) would be grand.
I could do this as well, I have some experience with Dragon (I did a pistol animation at one point, dunno where that went)
Actually, more like the new CoD style. The vintage CoD games had a health system like JA. :P
So you're going to remove most of the Star Wars content, minus the character models? Including the lightsaber?
Just one question:
For example, our MP5 (replacement for bowcaster) fires at about 12 rounds/second and does around 10 damage per round.
Will these rounds be faster both in delivery and in travel? The only weapon that's really fast enough to even remotely match an MP5's firing speed is the repeater, and it's probably better that the bullets go MUCH faster to their target so that you can't really see them coming.
Anywho, hope this goes well. I'd kill for a pistol that could kill, and SMGs and AMGs would be most welcome. Neat idea just popped into my head: Y'ever think of trying to make a flamethrower a standard weapon? Might be a neat hook.
I like the idea and what ive seen so far, the only thing i would have to say is weapons, weapons, weapons weapons and weapons.... I think a large diversity in guns wouls make things much more.... interesting. and also i would refrain from making one gun more powerful over others so its not a noob spamming spree like the "Noob tube" in CoD. some dismemberment when you kill someone with high powered weapons or reprated shots to a specific area would be interesting but thats for you to think over. One thing i liked about forcemod 3 return of the sith was the addition of a class system that allowed different perks, like stealth and ammo regeneration. adding stuff in likr that would make it a bit more CoD like, Night vision, optic radar, Thermal immaging, ect... as for maps i dont know if your map making savvy but having maps that alter between night and day would add for a bit more interesting gameplay. scopes on other guns becides the sniper would be nice, like half the scoping ability of the sniper on some carbines or something like that. Finally the ability to swap between a "Nightvision" scope and a regular scope for darker maps. some food for thought. if you alerady have something like this content wise included sorry.... just ignore my banter :P :)