ƒul*£ruM

I'm too Post to cool.

50 XP

24th November 2006

0 Uploads

449 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Im having three nasty problems in my sp maps. Here they are.

1. Ambient Light!!!! Yeah I didn't even USE this and it keeps on giving me really bad lighting results. Like this picture. Yeah its that bad =/ maybe even worse because its so bright I cant even see. No I didnt adjust my ingamebrightness (yeah i checked) and yes, I did not put an ambient factor in my worldspawn. In fact if you dont believe me here it is:

classname: worldspawn message: Temple of the Gods Tutorial (Part II)

literally thats all it is.

2. Breakable thing issue. Things that I make as func_breakable wont show up ingame.

3. Strange Holes and buildings Ok as for strange holes theres these big purple holes that lead into the void (wtf?) and for buildings im refereing to theres big black slotches in my skybox that look like buildings, but almost too bright to see (ya it goes back to issue 1)

Can I have some assistance here?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 11 years ago

I also get number 2.

ƒul*£ruM

I'm too Post to cool.

50 XP

24th November 2006

0 Uploads

449 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

hmmmm there is (weirdly) a trigger push where the purple portal is and if i delete it the purple portal turns green lol

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,650 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#4 11 years ago

For the first one, if you're compiling your map to a -meta compile (or any other phase that doesn't contain -light), then you will get ambient light because the lightmap hasn't been rendered.

As for the other ones, more details would help.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

The One and Only

I R Scary Eyeball

50 XP

29th January 2004

0 Uploads

4,091 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Yeah, func_breakables don't work properly in SP, and the other one, do parts of surfaces become transparent? Remake the brush.

ƒul*£ruM

I'm too Post to cool.

50 XP

24th November 2006

0 Uploads

449 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

ok Kouen heres what im using for BSP

-meta -vis -fast -light -fast -super 2 -filter

yeah parts of surfaces do get transparent (like the walls on this building) and if I remake it out of caulk it wont be seen. However I've made a discovery that if you cover the building with caulk (like your supposed to) it will render me to seeing the inside of my building! And yeah I tryed putting a block of sky around the infected area but no luck. Would there be any entities to solve this?