Help. -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

Alright, this is my first time posting here.. So bare with me. I have a problem with Milkshape 3D v. 1.8.2. I made a model of an M-16, the modeling itself isn't what I have a problem with. It's getting it to work in game. I follow Inyris (I'm sorry if I spelled that wrong...) tutorial for getting it to work in game. Except it wasn't specific enough for Milkshape. Or... Maybe it was, but I had no clue what "tags" were, so I was completely lost. My main problem however, is that the model DOES work in game, and it looks all nice and centered spinning on the ammo thing. However, whenever I use it, my character is holding it sideways. In both person views... I'm not sure how to correct this, so. If any of you have any ideas, please share.

Question #2: I have absolutely no idea what to use for texturing. Please help on that.

Question #3: Can Maya be used to edit JK3 models?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 11 years ago

Question #1- Try spinning it around 90 degrees in Milkshape (or if you want a better program, use GMax- it's free!) then exporting it again. Either that or the tags are messed up. Tags are what tells the engine where to position the weapon in the player's hands, and which way it should go. Question #2- the Gimp is a good texturing program, and it's free as well. You can find a link for that and GMax in the Master Sticky. Question #3- I'm not sure on that one. If you couldn't tell by now, I tend to take the cheaper route in modding, and so I use GMax (XSI Mod Tools is another program you can use that's free, but I prefer GMax). Hope that helps. :)

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

I'm not sure if Maya has an MD3 or XSI export plugin. If it does, you can use it.

Ryojin

lolwut?

536,503 XP

8th November 2005

5 Uploads

52,632 Posts

406 Threads

#4 11 years ago

I don't think it does... I haven't found one yet, anyway... I didn't look all that hard though...

Disclaimer: Personal opinions still not endorsed by Ryojin.

Inyri Forge VIP Member

[Insert User Title Here]

55 XP

15th March 2005

0 Uploads

25,940 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Actually for Maya 7, 8, and 8.5 there is an XSI exporter (Softimage released one with XSI 6.0). Couldn't say regarding the MD3 exporter, though.

Ryojin

lolwut?

536,503 XP

8th November 2005

5 Uploads

52,632 Posts

406 Threads

#6 11 years ago

I meant to say that I couldn't find one for md3... Haven't looked for the XSI one...

Disclaimer: Personal opinions still not endorsed by Ryojin.