kidoncrack

Bean pot pie

50 XP

25th March 2008

0 Uploads

181 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Is there a program that can produce JKA's GLM models without spending $4,000 on 3dsMAX?

Just wondering, wanted to turn a picture into a ship.

GMAX doesn't work well with my computer.

gekke11

=[GIN]=C=Venom

50 XP

5th April 2007

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Nopes, none of the programs that I've heard of are free. There is a program you can buy, which doesn't use very much memory, and it costs like $ 35 or € 25.

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,654 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#3 11 years ago

There's XSI Mod Tools, free download and the only free modelling program capable of setting player models up to work in the game.

Bound to be a third-party GLM plugin for it somewhere, so if it doesn't have GLM support straight out of the box, run a quick Google for plugins and it should come up.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

kidoncrack

Bean pot pie

50 XP

25th March 2008

0 Uploads

181 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Kouen;4330114There's XSI Mod Tools, free download and the only free modelling program capable of setting player models up to work in the game.

Bound to be a third-party GLM plugin for it somewhere, so if it doesn't have GLM support straight out of the box, run a quick Google for plugins and it should come up.

I can't find the system requirements or a mention that it works with quake3 engined games

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,654 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#5 11 years ago

My computer's six years due an upgrade, I can run it just fine so I don't imagine you'll have any troubles.

Modelling programs don't directly interact with the games, so they'll "work with" pretty much anything. So long as they have the necessary import/export features, they're fine.

Actually, I made a boo-boo. I keep forgetting you don't need to export your player models as GLM, you rig them up and export them as XSI then use Carcass (found in the JA MP SDK and the Animation/Model Source Files packages in the 'JA -> Utilities -> Modding Tools' section of the site) to compile them.

Vehicles work pretty much the same as player models.

So, in a nutshell, XSI is what you be needin'.

Bah, the sooner we can get that darned tutorials database, the better. Explaining things off the top of my head results in me basically not making sense. My apologies. -_-' If you'll excuse me, I'm off to harass some forum admins....

kidoncrack

Bean pot pie

50 XP

25th March 2008

0 Uploads

181 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

Kouen;4330315My computer's six years due an upgrade, I can run it just fine so I don't imagine you'll have any troubles.

Modelling programs don't directly interact with the games, so they'll "work with" pretty much anything. So long as they have the necessary import/export features, they're fine.

Actually, I made a boo-boo. I keep forgetting you don't need to export your player models as GLM, you rig them up and export them as XSI then use Carcass (found in the JA MP SDK and the Animation/Model Source Files packages in the 'JA -> Utilities -> Modding Tools' section of the site) to compile them.

Vehicles work pretty much the same as player models.

So, in a nutshell, XSI is what you be needin'.

Bah, the sooner we can get that darned tutorials database, the better. Explaining things off the top of my head results in me basically not making sense. My apologies. -_-' If you'll excuse me, I'm off to harass some forum admins....

That didnt work.

Says I need Windows NT.

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,654 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,732 Posts

2 Threads

#7 11 years ago

o_0

One emoticon speaks a thousand words. And I'm pretty sure "NT", "what", "the" and "f***" make up the majority of those words.

NT is like, ancient. It's the huon energy of operating systems (oops, Doctor Who references again).

What OS are you using? Workbench 2.0? O_o

....okay. Sorry. Sarcasm's not helping.

Erm. Well, that's a real bitch. Any recent Windows OS has basic NT code allowing older applications to run, but the recent versions XSI|SoftImage and Mod Tools are both designed for XP.

You are running a Windows OS, right?

kidoncrack

Bean pot pie

50 XP

25th March 2008

0 Uploads

181 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

Yea, the reason I have win98 is because said computer was taken from a trash pile... I usually use Macs, shoulda bought the intel mac.

At least GMAX runs.. abet slowly.