Kahn

Unknown Title

50 XP

10th December 2002

0 Uploads

605 Posts

0 Threads

#1 9 years ago

So i went go go bsp my map and got this error.... MAX_IMAGES (512) exceeded. Says i have to many image references in my map... meaning i have more then 512 textures i am guessing. Am i right?

i know that sounds like a lot but most of them are 16*16 textures that are just solid colors. a lot are custom signs and pictures.

I am trying to get rid of some to lower it but is there a way to make this bigger? i have a few more buildings that will each have at least 10 more custon textures for signs and stuff.

has anyone else even reached this limit?

Ockniel

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

15th May 2004

0 Uploads

217 Posts

0 Threads

#2 9 years ago

you have over 512 images in one map??

I'm not sure that I want to see said map.... must be eye rape..... :o

No, I've never heard of anyone extending that limit, or even coming close to it...

Might be out of luck :/

Pande

Sexeh like teh gizmo

50 XP

9th April 2008

0 Uploads

610 Posts

0 Threads

#3 9 years ago

You don't need images for solid colors. Shaders will do this for you.

textures/yourmap/color#/type { qer_editorimage textures/colors/Here, use the colors you've already made as TEMPORARY images for the qer_ line. don't include in pk3 { map $whiteimage rgbGen const ( 1 0 0 ) here, enter the NORMALIZED rgb values for the color u want... I've entered solid, bright red } { map $lightmap blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO } }

Kahn

Unknown Title

50 XP

10th December 2002

0 Uploads

605 Posts

0 Threads

#4 9 years ago

Did not know that at all

Ok then, so I have one of my textures as is: textures/buildings/wall_top Is this how this shader file will look?:

textures/buildings/color#/type (not 100% sure this line) { qer_editorimage textures/buildings/wall_top (not 100% sure this line) { map $whiteimage rgbGen const ( 154 114 78 ) } { map $lightmap blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO } }

Thanks

And this map is not an eye sore, just lots of bilboards and signs and details, doesnt take long when making a big city with interiors and stuff.

(EDIT:) PS, so by making them shaders it will not be counted as a Image? not sure if converting them all to shaders will lower the count or not.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 9 years ago

I'd think the brush/poly limit would be the first to go, not the texture limit!

Authuran

Queef Richards

50 XP

2nd October 2005

0 Uploads

4,671 Posts

0 Threads

#6 9 years ago

512 brushes is not bad, although the brush limit goes into the thousands lol? What is the approximate number?

Pande

Sexeh like teh gizmo

50 XP

9th April 2008

0 Uploads

610 Posts

0 Threads

#7 9 years ago

There is no brush limit, but I believe there is a vertex limit. Good luck getting there though. Plane and vis errors would plague you before you got there no doubt.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 9 years ago

I thought the poly or vertex limit was in the 60'000 range.

Pande

Sexeh like teh gizmo

50 XP

9th April 2008

0 Uploads

610 Posts

0 Threads

#9 9 years ago

Ok, got your PM Kahn... :)

textures/yourmap/color <--- here is where you simply say what you want this shader to be called. In radiant, you will find your shader under this directory, too. So, if its solid red as I used below, just call it that like solid_red. :) { qer_editorimage textures/colors/Here, use the colors you've already made as TEMPORARY images for the qer_ line. don't include in pk3. This line tells radiant what texture to display in the editor, but does not have to be the same as the actual texture being applied. In this case, since we're using an engine generated texture ($whiteimage), it would be wise since you've already made all these images for the different colors to temporarily store them in your textures folder, and use them here to match the color you make.

{ map $whiteimage <--- this is a solid white, generated by the game. rgbGen const ( 1 0 0 ) here, enter the NORMALIZED rgb values for the color u want... I've entered solid, bright red. rgbGen const changes the color values of the image in this stage. Since white is solid red, green, and blue together (255 255 255), that means that using a number less than 1 in any of the fields will result in a color change. For example, I used 1 0 0 which means full red, no green, and no blue. If it were 1 0 1, you would get purple. :) What does normalized mean? That means 'in a scale of 0-1'. To get this, we divide each of the three values in the RGB you want by 255 (maximum value). So, for solid red with half blue, (1 0 0.5) we would do 255 / 255 for red, 0 / 255 for green, and 127-128 for blue. You don't need to be specific in decimal values because a computer will round it down anyway to produce the pixel color on screen. } { map $lightmap blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO } }

kidoncrack

Bean pot pie

50 XP

25th March 2008

0 Uploads

181 Posts

0 Threads

#10 9 years ago
Kahn;4968580 And this map is not an eye sore, just lots of bilboards and signs and details, doesnt take long when making a big city with interiors and stuff.

Hey!

You stole my idea D: